Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris stock Carlisle AT489........Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris stock Carlisle AT489........Tires

Just posting this to see how they are holding up and are the Polaris riders happy with the traction and tread on these stock tires.....Most of the T.V. shows I watched this year(dirt trax T.V. for one)....Said Polaris has the best stock tire out there as of right now!!!!(ATV Trail Rider Mag also).....Do you think there is a better stock tire than Polaris?
I am happy with them so far with around 1000 miles on my quad .....But I really don't have anything to compare them with .....They seem to be an all round good tire for my riding............they are the only ones I can comment on!!!!!...Thanks....Caper.............

Does Polaris only use Carlisle tires from the Factory? What brand comes stock on the other makes?

Old 03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't even see my bike with stock tires!! LOL.. I think if you go to get new skins you should go with a nice turf tire. That would keep you out of the mud and water above your floorboards LOL just think, if you stay out of the bad stuff, you'll never need to worry about 4x4 LOL LOL

Old 03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

I didn't want "YOUR" reply.......LOL......LOL.......You don't even know what they look like anymore
Did you even know they come with Carlisle ??........NO........Stock tires to you are the same as the ones you see on the shopping carts....RIGHT!!!!!!!...LOL....Caper........

Old 03-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well my Scrammy came with 489s on it, and they worked good until I got drunk in the shop one night and smoked them off. LOL They worked good until then. And then I put Mudlite on the back and they worked good too! But they seemed a little more soft of a compound. But they smoked wayyyy better LOL. Good thing I got rid of the ol' girl. It took a lot of abuse

Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

MY stock 489s have done great on my Scrambler the rears are original and the fronts a yr old due to hitting a tree.
For the utes I would say they are ok but there better choices like the Goodyear mudrunners.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

I'd agree that they (489's) do a really good job. I have summer & winter tires/rims for my 500 Scrambler. We have had ALOT of snow this winter for a change & I've driven through some 2-3ft. drifts with little problems. The only thing that hurts me is the lower ground clearance of the Scrambler. I'm not a big mud guy & usually my summer tires are on by then anyhow, but I've crossed mud/silt bottom creeks with them and again no issues.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

I think they suck and they are the only tires I have ever ridden on. They flex when you are sideways down in a hole and mud packs in the bead. the traction is rediculous - I went riding with a couple guys and they had much lessor machines with mudlites and went through more than I could. I'm not impressed

I am going for mudlite xtr's once spring hits

Old 03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

I think a 6ply radial tire is the way to go

Old 03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

totally agree scramster

ever try and get mud completely out of the bead when you dont have the tools to get the tire off? Better get a 12 pack of Labatts - that you wont care when you throw the wheel out the window

Old 03-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Four wheeler tires are the worst to get off the bead!!!!!!!! At my work we have a $15000 Hunter tire machine that WILL NOT break the beads. But mine at home will, but it scratches the heck out of aluminum wheels [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Polaris stock Carlisle AT489........Tires