Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

trailblazer pinging and idleing wayy high when warm

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007 | 05:36 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default trailblazer pinging and idleing wayy high when warm

yea, 87oct. this thing puzzles me i had a 92 trail boss 250 and it did the exact same thing same senario bought it blown up and re-built the top and and carb.. same thing, i ended up selling it and now same problem exact same motor, i cannot believe nobody else has this issue ..

Old 03-11-2007 | 07:22 PM

Originally posted by: onesavage
its about 40 degrees today, man is it beautiful out snow finally starting to melt..whats the best way to check for a air leak, i start it up and spray carb clener i listen for a rpm increase , ya got a better way, thanks stendori, what is the the air srew setting?
now correct me if im rong sten or anybody if theres an air leak couldnt u spray eather around it and if it starts to reave to high heven u have found the air leak...some one told me that u could take a small propane tourch (not lit) and use the gas to find a air leak i dont know if this is true but i was wournding if any body has dun this or heard of doing it

Old 03-11-2007 | 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

Ya propane will work also. I've never used ether but it should work the same

Old 03-11-2007 | 07:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

trailblazermudrunner, how does yor tb run when its warmed up... i cant believe i am the only one with this issue on 2 different machines...

Old 03-11-2007 | 08:06 PM

it runs good tho i do need to do some maintance work to it i have to clean the carb and stuff.....when its hot she runs kinda crappy when its like 80 out side i try to run in the summer durring the evening when it cools off....i aslo have slightly bigger sprocs on mine so i have a little less lowend but better top end....i me and mi mom can race (she has the p360) and we will stay side by side for aways and then i hit speed and say see u LATER

Old 03-11-2007 | 08:43 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

really this time of yr(winter and not hot out) it has to be an air leak or not enough fuel causing this so rev up. as far this runing hot it is a air cooled and if not running very fast and idling for long period of time it will heat a bit and maybe even loose a bit of power(common for air cooled machines). but i think this probelm has to be a over amount of air, which is either, a lack of fuel, or an air leak some where. you did make sure it has the right spark plug heat range right? if you new someone w/ a leakdown tester, i would strongly suggest doing this test to elimiante the air leak theroy.

Old 03-11-2007 | 08:48 PM
|
Pro Rider

i hav a uni- air filter , that would not be the problem would it

Old 03-11-2007 | 08:52 PM

Originally posted by: stendori
really this time of yr(winter and not hot out) it has to be an air leak or not enough fuel causing this so rev up. as far this runing hot it is a air cooled and if not running very fast and idling for long period of time it will heat a bit and maybe even loose a bit of power(common for air cooled machines). but i think this probelm has to be a over amount of air, which is either, a lack of fuel, or an air leak some where. you did make sure it has the right spark plug heat range right? if you new someone w/ a leakdown tester, i would strongly suggest doing this test to elimiante the air leak theroy.
now would that tester push a luquid our or would it bubble something???

Old 03-11-2007 | 08:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

not as long as its oiled. its a foam filter right. Quote: you did make sure it has the right spark plug heat range right? if you new someone w/ a leakdown tester, i would strongly suggest doing this test to elimiante the air leak theroy.
maybe the crankseals are defective. im sorry theres no easy answer.

Old 03-11-2007 | 09:00 PM
|
Pro Rider

well i am sue i will get it figured out, i am gona try a bigger main jet first maybe a 134 ... if that dont work i will have to proceed to the dreeded leak down test ,can i just plug the carb and exaust and stick my air nozel down the sparkplug hole and seal that as best possible, and apply LOW air pressure??

Quick Reply: trailblazer pinging and idleing wayy high when warm