Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

headlight adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight adjustment

Anyone ever spolice wires or other to make the high and low beams work simultaneously? I bought a wire kit and tried it yesterday....NO GOOD FOR NOTHING!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i havent done it but there should be a relay w/ the kit i think. someone who done it correct me.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

About a year ago ebay was flooded with 3 light kits as they were called.
I got one for about $10.00. It was all heat shrinked, shrunk, shrank, what ever, I'm an engineer not an English teacher. Anyway, who knows what was in there
The directions were good and it works. It's a little more they splicing wires together though.
Makes plenty of light .
Deerkiller

Old 03-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

It can be done with either a relay or a diode. The diode is easier, but people say the relay is the way to go. Mine is done with a diode, but whenever I get around to doing my buddy's new bike I'll use a relay and see if either of us have any problems.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean Ryan bought a Polaris...LOL....LOL.....Caper.......I knew you wound talk him into it!!!! LOL
It it not him then who did you talk into it??...........Maybe they wanted a Polaris in the first place!!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka
You mean Ryan bought a Polaris...LOL....LOL.....Caper.......I knew you wound talk him into it!!!! LOLIt it not him then who did you talk into it??...........Maybe they wanted a Polaris in the first place!!!!!
LOL No I don't think Ryan would ever buy a Polaris. Ever! My friend Toby finally got off his wallet and bought a bike. He was looking at a Cat, but he didn't like the thought of a drive to Orillia every time for parts or service. So he bought at Janssen's and got his bike $800 cheaper and this months pormo is a 2 year warranty. I was pretty pi$$ed when I heard this but oh well, the next time you see my bike they probably wouldn't warranty anything for me LOL. Lift kit is on it's way LOL

Old 03-12-2007, 07:52 PM

Now all you need to do is HACK into his wires and do the headlight mod BEFORE he even starts the quad...LOL...LOL...That should beat your 3 miles or so on yours(when you did it)........He should like that.......Caper.....

Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

I have one from Quadovator.com and so far it works great.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Caper, you are an electrican.........why cant you skip all the diode and relay crap and install a swtch on the pod and run a wire direct to the battery and the high beam wire? That way you can have your stock switch work like it's made to and use the new switch to turn on the high beams whenever. Thats the way I am going to do it. fail safe in my book

Old 03-12-2007, 08:48 PM

Originally posted by: brutus450
Hey Caper, you are an electrican.........why cant you skip all the diode and relay crap and install a swtch on the pod and run a wire direct to the battery and the high beam wire? That way you can have your stock switch work like it's made to and use the new switch to turn on the high beams whenever. Thats the way I am going to do it. fail safe in my book
First of all make sure the switch can handle the draw of the highbeam lights....
Second..Direct to the battery ......Don't forget to turn it off with the engine off.......or Kill the battery!!!!
Third....Make sure there is a in-line fuse on the Hot (12v) wire to protect it in case it ever comes in contact with the steel frame or shorted....
Other than that it will work........People want to make it easy and stock looking...Not by adding more aftermarket switches........I would go the relay ...If I ever did MODS....LOL..LOL...

The relay prevents any large amount of current to travel threw the switch and wiring......This way the factory switch will only turn on/off the relay.......The lights will have the power feed through the relay contacts..........

You guys must have hooked up those lighted rocker switches to your truck/car fog lights.....They burn out without the relay...Usually the high-end driving/fog lights come with a Bosch relay....Caper.......

Quick Reply: headlight adjustment