Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Riding in Baldwin, MI March 31st - April 1st (weather permitting)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in Baldwin, MI March 31st - April 1st (weather permitting)

Hey Rod,
Pleasure was all ours, always great to meet good people that ride. We had my future son-in-law a little scared at the river crossing, when we pulled over to turn around, he thought we wanted him to lead. lol. If it doesn't rain to much next week maybe it will dry up a little more. This morning the river rose about another 6 inches before the rain stopped. All in all a good time though. Clean up after lake co. mud is always fun isn't it? Rinse, wash, rinse, rinse, rinse, always seem to find more sand so rinse some more. Oh yeah, then go to the next machine and repeat process. Hope to make it next weekend, shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Later,
Pat

Old 03-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

My wife and I may come up for the weekend, we will be on stock '06 TrailBlazers if we come up. She's not too fond of the camping thing any more, so it will depend if Wolf Lake is full for the weekend. Also, as i understand it, trail permits for '07 don't come out till 4/1, and I don't really want to purchase last year's stickers for one ride. If the '07 permits are available already, please let me know. We have 2 kids in college so everything has to be low budget for us, and I can't see spending the money for last year's permit. I could take a shift off work and ride 4/1- 4/3 I suppose...

Old 03-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

orv tags are good til march 31st at midnight..gonna ride on mine til the last day

Old 03-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

UPDATE: Well, we're definately goin' up. Planning to leave at around 0800 - 0830 and we've gotta stop at Peacock LTD before we put in, so assuming about 3.25 hrs driving, and a good 30 mins at peacocks... we'll round it to noon. Hopefully we could meet some of you folks at Club 37 at around noon? We'll be in a 1996 Dodge Ram Laramie SLT, 4x4 Ext. Cab, w/ a Red two-axle open trailer behind it. It will be populated by an Outlaw 525 (mine and in the back of the truck) a Red predator, an Orange Predator, an Outlaw 500, a Sport 400L and pprobably a dirt bike at well (for a back-up.) There may be a second vehicle as well, but that depends if the TBoss of my friend's can be fixed in time for the ride. Just look for the Red Ram i suppose as that one will definately be coming. Look forward to seeing you guys up there [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Also, we're definately going to stay at some hotel or another now (i'll post what one in an update tomorow, b/c idk yet), so that takes out the camp-site setup time we were thinkin' about last time.

P.S. PM me if you want a cell #. If will be kept in my friend's pockets and checked for missed calls periodically so if you don't get us, leave a voice-mail w/ where we can find you and we'll voice mail you back and tell you we're on the way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] basically probably have to play phone tag unless i can find a good deal on MX pants w/ pockets at peacocks. mine don't have any...

Old 03-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

All of my family is still heading up too the badlands the 31st.Gonna be fun.I rather go to baldwin though.But my family mostly has trucks and dont like baldwin.Only my cousins and there 450r's like it.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Walt,
Good thinking on the motel this early in the season as you never really know how the weather is gonna turn out . Heck, even the weatherman is only guessing. Hope to meet up with you guys. I'll probably show up at Club 37 on a white Z400. Not sure if I'll be solo or not just yet, others are working on it still. I'll pm & leave my number w/ya so when you guys pull in I can leave my place. Only about 10 min. away by trail.

Nathan,
too bad ya can't make it, but Badlands sure doesn't sound like a bad alternative. Can understand not liking to take trucks to baldwin, gets kinda boring real fast. Can't really get moving w/out fear of squashing someone. Been there, tried that, will stick to atvs/bikes. Have fun.

Pat

Old 03-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

UPDATE: We're staying at Baldwin Creek Lodge, and will check in after we're done riding for the day. Looks like the TBoss is out, but the guy who rides it is thinkin' of rentin'? not sure on final head count... probably won't have it until friday...

Old 03-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Still no reply from the wife, she is worried about her class. PM me your cell phone numbers and I will call you if we are enroute to Baldwin.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

How about a role call? Is anybody still going up despite the forecast? If so I'll be there, but will stay home if everybody bails. Any confirmations and I'm outta here tonight northward bound !

Pat

Old 03-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

We will be there some time on Sat. at Club 37. Will have 2004 Scramber and a 400 4x4 cow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Riding in Baldwin, MI March 31st - April 1st (weather permitting)