Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

heelclicker install

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heelclicker install

just installed the heelclicker talk about a simple install, the hardest part was geting the floor board off... i am a little confused the destuctions say to add 2.5 to the heel , but i remember hearing the lil 400 dont need any weights....it seems to have a lil more *****. i have the orange spring in also ... please reply i stiil have it tore apart for testing

Old 03-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what do you mean not adding any of the insert weights? i know when i read their site it said you can adjust it by either putting the screws to the heel or to the top for differnt results.i would have to reread it. did you buy the kit from cob of the h/l site? just wondering.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

yea cob gave me a SWEET deal and super fast shipping.. i have the same question posted on HL also.. i just thought i would post here and maybe get a answer back sooner... i added the 2.5 to the heel but it seems i heard somewere not to add any weights to the lil 400.. with the weights and orange spring she will try to lift the frt end in low , 3000rpm engagement but you run out of stem super quick..

Old 03-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

I am not sure on the 400's, I just wanted to tell you to change your signature, LOL Your H/C isn't on order anymore![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

did you want a high engaugement/ i know alot people say to use the stock spring and ad the right amount of weight. i just tried to go on thew h/c site and it says password/ id so i guess what they said about not getting onis true. does cob have any more do you know? ive been putting it off, maybe i shouldve bought it already. i did read his post on hes working on it. does you rinst. cover all the bikes appications?

Old 03-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

i have not been able to get ahold of cob, he must be enjoying his sunday...yea the inst cover all polaris models

Old 03-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

yea the site in locked for sure, except for dealers i would say. i would try differnt combos i guess. but the engaugment is real high i would think and would make you loose all your top end. dont quote me on this i thought it said to use stock spring and weights either all the way out for speed and all the way in for torque. it could be the other way around. i was more looking at it for my 800's set up. i know that the 700 (i think) had to use spacers in the spider. sorry couldnt be more help.

Old 03-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

the engagement is unbelieveable at 3000 rpms, but you are right you run out of steam real quick..i am going to go on on the road and see if i can pull the frt end up on the black top.( maybe).. i am going to take the weights out and try the wht spring now

Old 03-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

The orange spring is awesome for wheelies. I just backed down to the white spring, because it is hard to keep up on the trails with the orange spring!

Old 03-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Stendori, You are correct, the 800 calls for the stock spring, but I wouldn't do it. It even says you could ruin the clutch at extyensive idle periods. I have grooved my clutch at the idle position. You are also correct, about the 700's needing the shim!

Quick Reply: heelclicker install