Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

deep water

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default deep water

somebody should tell those guys that polaris also makes a water craft lol. you really have to like all there radio/ speakers set up on front. like it has been said "NUTS'" lol.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deep water

What's up with the lights? They going to pull someone over? I though about putting neons under mine![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default deep water

I've always got through headlight deep by just keeping the throttle on and keeping a bow wake. Works with trucks too. Broke through ice with a mid 80s Toyota 4 Runner and the hood disappeared under water. Kept the pedal down and made it through, but with a bent air dam that I replaced with a hefty piece of pressure treated wood. Hey Instigater, I was looking at your pics for this forum. Did you ever notice that the thumbnail picture of your buddy FitsOfRage hanging from a tree looks like a monkey with a tail? (The tail is the handlebars).

Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default deep water

i have never had a issure in water ,i have been almost to the gas cap( real dam close- to close) and she was fine.. it idled in over the tail pipe deep water while i was hooking up my winch , had to get up a 4ft bank to get out.. i am thinking about snorkleing now , but i do alot of trail rideing and would hate to break one...

Old 03-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default deep water

i wished i had a video of mi little trailblazer going through that hell hole that i took it though it was sweet to see a little 2x4 going over the bars and come out witn not a problem

Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default deep water

snorkle is another word for boat isnt it? lol. the lights are cool looking but i would think it would be taxing on the charging system. did you guys also notice that not many of those guys had winches. i can in there case just jump off and float their way out.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default deep water

i noticed the quads did not have winches, i think that is way the water wheelie so easy... if it gets real deep i can get my frt end up , but not that easy.. or maybe its a art i have i havent tried enough to get it down...me personaly wont ride with out a winch..............

Old 03-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default deep water

Hey guys, Lat friday night I came home from work to see the river flooding higher than it has in ten years. So I hopped on my 800 and went to check it out. I was ridding a water covered trail that I ride weekly when the ATV dissapeared before me. I bobbed back up but it was too late. The clutch was full and there I sat. We winched it up a 50' river bank all friday night with the help of my wife, dad, three labs, a sp 700 with 3000# warn, and her 500 with 200 feet of rope. By the time we got it to the top of the riverbank we had broke one winch cable and tied them together to make the pull. Before starting it I checked the oil and it looked good on the dip stick, checked the air box, little water, and checked the PVT drain plug, it was full. After drianing it started right up and when I dried the belt she made it back home. The breather on the engine intake must be a little higher. Thank god for warn winches.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Range Rover
Default deep water

I think those big honking tires they are all running give them a lot of extra float. That looks like it would be a blast but I have nightmares of a hydro-locked engine and busted con-rods and pistons and crankcases with holes knocked in 'em.
Q

Old 03-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default deep water

Which begs the question: How big do the tires have to be in order for our heavy quads to float like the old Rokon 2wd off road motorcycles? See: Rokon Rokons use a hollow hub in addition to the inflation of the tires to produce flotation. Anybody???

Quick Reply: deep water