Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

deep water

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deep water

HEY guys i have seen some of the video on here of wheelers in like the deep water like rivers and stuff like that and i was thinkin and some of thoes bikes dont look like there snorckled and was wournding how the hell they stay running and if they are it dont look like there mufflers arent snorckled....are they just lucky or is there a trick or some thing like that......

Old 03-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default deep water

The exhust comming out of the quad don't need to be directed or snorkle ............As long as the quads stays running the water will NOT enter through there!!!!!!!!

One thing to note .......The sound will change when the water goes over the exhust........Hey Scrammy how did I know that!!!!!!!!!!......So much for the floor-boards hight!!!!!...Caper.....

Old 03-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default deep water

okie i was just wournding....so there wouldnt be enough pressure when the thing is settin in the water at idle i was watching some vides on the tringle atv site and they would set there for a few and then take right back off i was like what the....i kno with mi tb i have put it in over the bars..(no choice) gas on the other side or push 30 miles.....and i was just like keep going keep going she made it in and on the way back i took a diffrent trail..........

one more thing when there in a wheelie in 4x4 and the front is up in the water they dont spin why is that???

Old 03-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Default deep water

Originally posted by: trailblazermudrunner
okie i was just wournding....so there wouldnt be enough pressure when the thing is settin in the water at idle i was watching some vides on the tringle atv site and they would set there for a few and then take right back off i was like what the....i kno with mi tb i have put it in over the bars..(no choice) gas on the other side or push 30 miles.....and i was just like keep going keep going she made it in and on the way back i took a diffrent trail..........

one more thing when there in a wheelie in 4x4 and the front is up in the water they dont spin why is that???
The rear tires need to spin or loose traction comparied to the front.........They should (I think) due to the fact the front should sense the differance in rotation because the rear are turning........and the front are not!!!!!!!!!.......If you just put in in 4X4 and your RPM was too high...Then 4X4 will not cut in until you slow down below a set RPM range.....I forget the exact RPM.Sorry............Caper....

Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default deep water

most of those guys didnt have it even in awd. w/ those tires they didnt need it. i too was wondering how they were staying running w/out the use of snorkles. if you look at the one ebing pulled out w/ a strap on the tree he wasnt snork. or he didnt have the throttle on. so what the hell kept it running. all in favor of getting together and doing that say I lol NOT

Old 03-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default deep water

yea i know i like to play but not like they was....every time i have seen wheelers in deep water and not haveing the throtal being pressed have died....i have always been told to keep the trotal going thats just me

but yea sten i noticed that inalot of thoes that they would let go of the throtal and shut off its weird

Old 03-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default deep water

Anytime I've been playing in water, my bike will die if the exhaust is under water and I let it idle. I think a twin would keep the water out better. And as for the fronts not spinning while in a wheelie, I think it looks way cooler LOL

Caper, did you witness an exhaust under water, or see it in a video???? LOL Cause it couldn't be from personal expirience LOL J/K buddy

Trending Topics

Old 03-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Default deep water

Close ..........Scrammy........My wife showed me how to do it..........You just put your feet up on the front racks and keep a steady throttle and before you know it your ready to open your eyes....... then your through it.......It's easy...........Caper..............lol...lol...

Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default deep water

You better be carefull!!!! You might have to get the winch out of the box and put it on the wife's bike!! It sounds like she's more adventerous than you!!! LOL now if you'd lift the bikes and put some good tires on them, the floorboards would be a lot higher LOL Then maybe you can follow Ryan with his Honda LOL

Old 03-21-2007, 11:39 PM
Range Rover
Default deep water

U guys have to be talking about those Triangle ATV vids. That was pretty cool, like synchronized swimming with ATVs
Couple observations
1: The wheelie is KEY, on my ATP and the wifes Sportsman 500 the the airbox snork is almost as high as the gas filler cap, the clutch snork is almost that high. I would think that by keeping the front end up they are keeping the snorks dry.
2: Those guys didn't have any heavy crap like winches and brush guards on the front of their bikes, dont wanna weigh that front end down.
3: It looked like most of em had some kind of aftermarket sealed box or cooler on front to add flotation.
4: It looked like most of em were running big tires and some lift. So much the better too float that front end.
5: I dont care how you slice it that's gotta play merry hell with the wheel bearings, I don't like changing them that much.
6: Damn that looks like fun!
Q

Quick Reply: deep water