Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler wheel shaft and cv question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler wheel shaft and cv question

alrite...huge question. i had to replace the bushing inside of my a-arm the other day...everything went good until i went to put it all back together. before i did this the steering did pull to the right occasionally and esspecially when i got the wheels spinning it would just kick to the right. i figured it was because of the bushing. when i put it together at the end...the shaft would not go back into the CV joint. it kept popping out like it was out of alighnment. so i cut the rings around the boot and the shaft just fell out. so now i need to take the shaft off the gearbox...thats the problem. i cant figure out how to get it off the gearbox. im pretty sure after i do that i just have to push/pound the shaft back in and put everything back together.

just let me kno if u think im doing everything right and how do i get that shaft off the gearbox.and if not that how do i split the two u joints....thanx alot guys

Old 03-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler wheel shaft and cv question

you dont have to take the shaft comepletely out unless you just want to. All you need to do is remove the tie-rod from the strut and make sure you have the ball joint undone from the a arm also. remove the 15/16 nut from the axle. take a dead blow hammer or put a piece of wood on the end of the axle and knock the cv end out of the hub.Slide the boot back on the axle part. make sure the c-clip ring is still on the axle. Align the splines take a dead blow and knock it back in the cv joint. roll the boot back down and put a clamp back on and re-assemble.