Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

atp 330 headlight

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atp 330 headlight

i might buy one of these and noticed the 2005 model doesn't have a big headlight on it, only the two smaller ones. Just like a magnum 2005. has that been a problem for anyone at night??

Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No it should not be a problem....Just don't over drive your view at night......
My has the two low-beams and one high-beam on the pod ....and I still like using my two lows over the one high-beam........It shines better in front of you....The high-beam lights up the trail or road way ahead of you so for faster speeds the high-beam lets your see farther down the trail/road!!!!!!!!!!
......Caper.............

Old 03-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

I think both high and low will be in the two headlights, so it may be an advantage to have two lights with high beam bulbs over one.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

I have an '04 ATP 500HO, honestly until I did the three light mod I seldom used the big light in the pod. If you really want a steerable headlight I would suggest ordering one of those spotlight things that clamp too the bar. It'll be cheaper than the pod off the 500 and you can take it off and shine it around. The low beam bulbs are 27 watts if memory serves, I don't know if it will work but you might be able to swap in the low beam bulbs off a newer sportsman 9'05 or newer) which are 35 or 37 watts, that'l brighten things up a lot.
BTW it's nice to see that someone else has an ATP, I was beginning to think I was the only one...If you ever want some ideas for ATP mods let me know. I have built a trail box/gas can holder that fits on top of the bed since you can't get a trail box that will fit it right. I also wired some cigarette lighter plugs into the electrical system to power stuff like my GPS.
Regards
Q

Old 03-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Trailblazer

There are a few of us ATP500 owners out here. I haven't yet mounted a cigarette outlet on my ATP, I was thinking of mounting in the lower halve of the pod, where did you mount yours, and do you have any pictures. Interesting comment about the gas tank, I was thinking about a flat tank, that I see advertised to solve that, what was your solution? As you can see, I've made quite a few mods on mine, right now I'm working on installing an CV boot guard by Cycle Country. They were the only ones I found that fit the ATP.
Richie

Old 03-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

And here is another ATP 500 owner. Well after I pick it up saturday I will be an owner.
Blue 2005 ATP 500, new in Box left over, Added 60" Glacier 1 plow, WARN 2.5 winch and tube front bumper to protect the winch.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Range Rover

I'm out of town right now. I'll post some pics of what I've done when I get home Wednesday or Thursday
Basically I took a sheet of 1/2 inch plywood, traced the shape of the bed on it, cut it out with a jigsaw. That's the basic platform that everything rides on. I for a small Delta foam toolbox from tractor supply (it;s the same one Montana Jacks sells as their cargo box on their website) I mounted a couple of steel rails too the bottom to add rigidity then mounted them too the deck. I then built a fence out of 2x4s to fit my gas can's (just the cheap blitz 2 1/2 gallon cans) put in some eye screws to anchor bungees and there it is. Oh yeah, I painted the deck with outdoor latex (John Deer Green) so it wouldn't rot. I mounted it up by pulling out two of the rail screws on each side and using bolts that were half an inch longer. It's butt ugly but it gets the job done plus you can still carry all kinds of stuff in the bed under the deck. I think I am going to re-do it in Steel or Aluminum diamond plate when I get the chance but I'm not in a big hurry cause it works as is and comes off in about two minutes,
As far as the cigarette lighter plugs I went to wal mart and bought one of those doublers that you plug into your car cigarette lighter plug to get two, and an in-line fuse holder that I had laying 'round and wired them directly into the battery, they arent switched. They tuck up under the seat when not in use, I use a couple 12 gauge shot shells with a single wrap of electrical tape on them to keep crud out when they arent being used.
Q