Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The hobby you save may be your own

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default The hobby you save may be your own

I just wanted to start a topic that should be of concern for all or us. Trail closures. Some are aware, some are not, that many of the public lands that have been paid for with our tax dollars are being closed to motorized vehicles of all kinds. In addition to not tearing up trails unnecessarily and behaving ourselves while we are on public trails, there is one thing we CAN do that may help us if we care enough to be educated about it. VOTE. See what the elected officials believe about public land usage. National parks, forests, etc. As an example: there was a time when a National Forest was used as a resource. A certain part of the forest would be harvested each year and allowed to grow back over time. This method ensured that there would be a mostly pristine landscape but also a valuable resource as well. In recent years, more and more forest is being closed off. This is true of off highway vehicle usage as well. Under the Clinton/Gore administration miles and miles of riding areas were closed to people who had been riding in these areas for years. Under "bad old" (in some peoples minds) Bush attempts have been made to open up these areas. It has been an uphill struggle to return park and forest usage to what it had been before the radical environmentalists got a hold of the public lands. The likes of Kerry, Kennedy, Schumer, Feinstein, etc. have fought against YOUR right to enjoy the lands your tax dollars are paying for... THINK before you vote. We will get what we deserve if we keep voting for people who want to restrict our freedom to ride. Nuff said.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well spoken, moose!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So vote Bush? I actually dont vote ever, but i will. Give me names of who i should vote for!!

Old 03-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Well, President Bush has been friendly to gun owners, hunters, outdoorsmen in general, and has tried to open up public roads that were closed under the previous administration. If it was still between Bush and Gore or Bush and Kerry, I would vote for Bush. But we can't. He is only allowed two terms as President and that is fine with me. Personally I would vote for whoever was most like Ronald Reagen, who was a true outdoorsman and friend to people like me. I believe in the 2nd Amendment, that taxation is not a good thing, that individuals, not the government can provide for themselves, etc. If a person running for government is telling you all the things they will provide for you, watch your wallet. In terms of being able to ride, it is usually the conservative who has been outdoors enough to know a ride in the great outdoors can do wonders for the rider as far as peace of mind goes. I believe everyone should be able to enjoy public lands together. There is too much of the we against them mentality. (Although, some of the peace, love, and granola crowd has forced our collective backs against the wall)

Old 03-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MooseHenden
Well, President Bush has been friendly to gun owners, hunters, outdoorsmen in general, and has tried to open up public roads that were closed under the previous administration. If it was still between Bush and Gore or Bush and Kerry, I would vote for Bush. But we can't. He is only allowed two terms as President and that is fine with me. Personally I would vote for whoever was most like Ronald Reagen, who was a true outdoorsman and friend to people like me. I believe in the 2nd Amendment, that taxation is not a good thing, that individuals, not the government can provide for themselves, etc. If a person running for government is telling you all the things they will provide for you, watch your wallet. In terms of being able to ride, it is usually the conservative who has been outdoors enough to know a ride in the great outdoors can do wonders for the rider as far as peace of mind goes. I believe everyone should be able to enjoy public lands together. There is too much of the we against them mentality. (Although, some of the peace, love, and granola crowd has forced our collective backs against the wall)
Hey, Kerry likes guns to,................ but only if you do! If you DON'T like them, he doesn't either!

Old 03-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Yep, I can just picture Kerry doing a photo-op at Hatfield McCoy or some other trail system and saying, "Where kin I git me a kwad?" He is not friendly, period. Nevermind, to outdoorsman. Very friendly with rich widows, though. I don't know why I stay in Massachusetts. I guess it's to be a thorn in the sides of the likes of Kennedy.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I wouldn't move either. You apperantly like it there.

Jus' do yer bess, 'n keepa on tryn' to do da rite thang, and keep 'em fellers outta office!

Old 03-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Yes sir, Commander Instigater, sir! LOL

Old 03-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Moose, where do you live in MA? The only legal places to ride are out west in the state forrests, but there is a ton of illegal places around here. I wish they would open up some legal places here. Well stated first post.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

see up here we started having trouble like that so the state said strt opening clubs like for snowmobiles to help and it acually worked in helping us keep and make trails so we dont loose alll the trails to ride on. funny as it might be, the reason i bought my house was because it was on a trail. yes im into ridng that much lol.

Quick Reply: The hobby you save may be your own