Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

DG Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DG Exhaust

This week (maybe tomorrow) I am going to have a dg pipe put on my 2004 Polaris Trailblazer. I was wondering if they sound good... Also is there any extra maintenence on them??? And is there any reason I should not get one of DG's pipes???

Old 03-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DG Exhaust

The DG is actually the very WORST pipe you can put on 2stroke.There is no way to dial them into the clutch.
Money wise the RcR Stage one kit is the best bang for your buck and it WILL work great.
If you want even more power go with the HPD pipe and matching clutch kit.THe clutch kits are a must to get anything from a pipe.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Default DG Exhaust

ftwflh is right, these pipes are crap on the Polaris.

Is this a new pipe? If so, you probably spent 150-200 bucks just for a pipe.

Call Rick and get the whole set up for a little more, and get a lot more out of your Blazer.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default DG Exhaust

hpd knows there stuff they are the ones to go to

Old 03-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default DG Exhaust

give Ritter a call, he"ll treat ya right....i would go either the rcr stage 1 or call Aaen performance they also specialize in the trailblazer........SAVAGE OUT!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default DG Exhaust

Thanks for the info... I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful to anyone but I am asking for my own knowledge. I called my dealership and they actually suggested the DG. They actually liked the DG on a 2-stroke. They also said it would give me no problems. They also wanted me to buy the matching "Primary Clutch Spring" along with a jet for the carb. So is the dealer just giving me crap??? Or do they know what they are talking about??? Should I still refuse to buy this pipe??? Because they said they had the matching clutch spring.....

Old 03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default DG Exhaust

Originally posted by: onesavage
give Ritter a call, he"ll treat ya right....i would go either the rcr stage 1 or call Aaen performance they also specialize in the trailblazer........SAVAGE OUT!!!!!!!!
SAVAGE OUT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DG Exhaust

I would run away from that dealer.He is feeding you a bunch of BS.Call Ritter

Old 03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default DG Exhaust

[i]i gave gained alot of my TRAILBLAZER knowledge from <u>FTWFLH</u> and <u>STENDORI</u>

Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default DG Exhaust

Here's 2 more cents. A polaris shift out is supposed to stay at a constant rpm. The pipe is designed to make power at a certain rpm range, "a small window". Through the testing of quite a few people, finding the sweet spot has been found very hard to do with a DG pipe. I tried and failed, I still have a DG 5008 as new in the basement. Calling an aftermarket company with a Polaris specialty is the way to go, let someone else do the leg work. Rick Ritter, RCR has unbeatable customer service. He also is a dealer for several different brands of products, his kits are second to none. Do a search on this forum on rcr stage 1 and read, you'll get the picture. Now as far as your dealer, just as a guess does he sell another major brand of atv or motorcycle? If so are these machines manual shift? To me, in my mind that is the difference. Pvt versus manual shifting.
Getting that shiftout is tough to do, also having it match your riding style. Again, a plugged nickel might be worth more. Doc

Quick Reply: DG Exhaust