Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone have the Scrammy vs. 450 Wolverine shootout in Dirtwheels? I'd like to read it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the Scrammy vs. 450 Wolverine shootout in Dirtwheels? I'd like to read it.

You will never get true test from any magizine on a shoot out cause they will allways pick the brand that advertizes the most in there magizine.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Anyone have the Scrammy vs. 450 Wolverine shootout in Dirtwheels? I'd like to read it.

can someone post the article in PDF or something

Old 04-05-2007, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Personally, the only things I think could improve the Scrambler would be dual a-arm fronts and an independent rear like the Outlaw has. A Scrambler with Outlaw rear and slightly better front end would be a hands down winner in every category IMHO.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: TLC
I guess they compare the Scrambler and Wolverine because they have and had a whole market class to themselves for years. Does anyone other manufacturer even make a sport 4x4??
Just the Can-am Renegade 800, but then your talking a quad that is way out of the price range, power range and class. The Wolverine and Scrammy are the only 4x4 sport quads that are even remotly close in price and class.

I have not read the article you guys are talking about, but ATV Sport Magazine did a test in there April issue in which they compared the Wolverine 450, Scrammy 500, kfx 700 and Renegade 800. They said the the Scrammy was out dated and they criticized its handlebars saying "Handlebars that tall have no place on a sports quad" They said its power was good and on demand 4x4 worked well but they wished it had a IRS. The Wolverine was the slowest of the test but they said It was predictable, nimble, stable had Independent braking and out handled the scrammy in the tight trails all for less money.

Overall they said the Can-am would be there pick if money were no object, the KFX 700 was "fun and very fast, but with some quirks" (only one without 4x4, they said it was a wheelie monster when you did not want it to be) The Scrambler was a "Vibrating, dated machine. The design is not sporty and neither is the ride". However, power was good and steering was light. The Wolverine 450 won the comparo, They said "they could not find anything wrong with it, it went everywhere the other quads went and for the least amount of money".

Here are some numbers from the test:

0-30 mph

Reneagde 800: 1.96 sec

KFX 700: 2.54 sec

Scrambler 500: 2.99 sec

Wolverine 450: 3.86 sec

0-45 mph:

Renegade 800: 3.75 sec

KFX 700: 4.87 sec

Scrambler 500: 6.67 sec

Wolverine 450: 10.03 sec

Hope this helped a little, I know it was not the article you were asking for, but it should give you an idea.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

The scrambler is a awsome quad and the wolverine is nice.But if you have the wallet the renagade is where its at.That quad will take almost any stock quad on a drag.And its not because im a can-am fan that im saying this but because ive actually got to see a renegade drag holy*hit!Unbelievable and fourwheel drive.But the price is rediculous!Other than that its at the top of the food chain.And i think its in the class with the scrammy and wolverine.Now polaris needs to stuff the 800 engine in the scrammy and bore it out alitle and that would be a seriously exciting competition there.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:11 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally posted by: oaklandr8ersfan
Originally posted by: TLC
I guess they compare the Scrambler and Wolverine because they have and had a whole market class to themselves for years. Does anyone other manufacturer even make a sport 4x4??
Just the Can-am Renegade 800, but then your talking a quad that is way out of the price range, power range and class. The Wolverine and Scrammy are the only 4x4 sport quads that are even remotly close in price and class.

I have not read the article you guys are talking about, but ATV Sport Magazine did a test in there April issue in which they compared the Wolverine 450, Scrammy 500, kfx 700 and Renegade 800. They said the the Scrammy was out dated and they criticized its handlebars saying "Handlebars that tall have no place on a sports quad" They said its power was good and on demand 4x4 worked well but they wished it had a IRS. The Wolverine was the slowest of the test but they said It was predictable, nimble, stable had Independent braking and out handled the scrammy in the tight trails all for less money.

Overall they said the Can-am would be there pick if money were no object, the KFX 700 was "fun and very fast, but with some quirks" (only one without 4x4, they said it was a wheelie monster when you did not want it to be) The Scrambler was a "Vibrating, dated machine. The design is not sporty and neither is the ride". However, power was good and steering was light. The Wolverine 450 won the comparo, They said "they could not find anything wrong with it, it went everywhere the other quads went and for the least amount of money".

Here are some numbers from the test:

0-30 mph

Reneagde 800: 1.96 sec

KFX 700: 2.54 sec

Scrambler 500: 2.99 sec

Wolverine 450: 3.86 sec

0-45 mph:

Renegade 800: 3.75 sec

KFX 700: 4.87 sec

Scrambler 500: 6.67 sec

Wolverine 450: 10.03 sec

Hope this helped a little, I know it was not the article you were asking for, but it should give you an idea.
I forgot about the renagade,so that makes only 3 sport 4x4s made. I do not get why they would even recomend IRS on a sport bike no sport ATV even 2wd has it or desires it.

The M.S.R.P. between the Scrambler and Wolverine is only $200 it will take alot more than $200 in mods for the Wolverine to make up its 0-45mph
10.03 vs 6.67 spanking,that would be like 5 quad lengths gap between them. Is the wolverine still full time 4x4?

Old 04-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer

the scrambler is an outdated machine that should never be updated its basically throw it out start over, its a nice machine for sure but not one to upgrade since its the major design of it thats holding it back. they need to get something like the outlaw with 4x4 and perhaps auto tranny im a big fan of them. those renagades are really intense i seen 6 at the last mud run, not better in the mud then my sp 500 but id trade my sp for one any day of the week they are really impressive, polaris needs to copy the irs sportquad 4x4 idea for sure! but vtwins make way more sence for sport bikes to cut down on the width

Old 04-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

I forgot about the renagade,so that makes only 3 sport 4x4s made. I do not get why they would even recomend IRS on a sport bike no sport ATV even 2wd has it or desires it.

The M.S.R.P. between the Scrambler and Wolverine is only $200 it will take alot more than $200 in mods for the Wolverine to make up its 0-45mph
10.03 vs 6.67 spanking,that would be like 5 quad lengths gap between them. Is the wolverine still full time 4x4?
The wolverine 450 is 2wd with push button 4wd.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: oaklandr8ersfan
Well the Outlaw has had IRS for over a year. Where have you been? It has done quite well at the races and the ride is awesome.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer

4x4 outlaw would be right up with the renagade with power a little less or whatever but polaris has the potential for sure

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Scrammy vs. 450 Wolverine shootout in Dirtwheels? I'd like to read it.