Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Crazy question: am I the only one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2000, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like this forum is turning into a self-help program with owners obsessed with their machines, or others machines, and need to find a solution to their obsessions. Yup, I still have my picture of Farrah Fawcett on the garage wall, and would crawl 7 miles on broken glass just to smell the exhaust of the laundry truck that picked up Destiny's Child's laundry. hehehe

Old 12-22-2000, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

xplor,

i feel like i'm snooping through someone else's mail, me being an arctic cat owner in all. i read your post and i totally agree. its like that bumper sticker: LOOKING FOR A GOOD WOMAN, MUST BE ABLE TO COOK, CLEAN, AND ABSOLUTELY MUST OWN AN ARCTIC CAT. PLEASE SEND PICTURE OF ARCTIC CAT.

please take no offense, none was intended, just something to set you polaris guys on edge and hopefully make you laugh a little after all polaris is the absolute best.................

after arctic cat.

texascat

Old 12-23-2000, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

Hi. My name is Jake, and yes, I too have a problem. They call it: Idreamupworktodojusttousemyquad syndrome. I also suffer from myquadisoutofgasbecauseiridetoomuch. Thankyou, I feel much better now......Who's next?

Old 12-23-2000, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

As I can see we are all in the same boat. I admit it...I wear my MSR Racing gloves all day at work and in the car. I have my two miniature quad models on my dash and a couple dozen ATV magazines on the back seat.

When I am really in need of a "mud" fix I just drive the Cherokee out behind the house on some dirt roads with nice long mud holes. Not to deep though... but I love cleaning off the jeep in the driveway when I get home. The neighbors always get a kick out of it!

It's good to be among fellow "Quad-addicts"!

By the way everybody yell at Zorro...because of him I am going to buy a snowmobile next week. Something else to fantasize about! LOL

Old 12-23-2000, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

I daydream in school all the time. Some times more than the chicks. NOW THATS A PROBLEM! I can't keep my mind on some thing for more than 5 minutes without thinking about riding. I can't think clearly unless I'm on my quad. They need to come out with a drug for us Quadromaniacs!
My muffler is like a crack pipe, one whiff and your addicted.
Im wit ya guys all da way.

Old 12-23-2000, 08:54 AM
Trailblazer

talk about withdrawal its been 2 months since my crash and haven't been able to ride because of this damn cast as for the trailboss its about finished being put back together takes longer then expected with one arm but it will be better then new when i am done just cant wait to ride

Old 12-23-2000, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

I really like my Bandits. I have had them in everything except deeper snow. I have had them in sand, mud, over roots and rocks. The long lasting wear was a must for me as I have put over 700 miles on mine in just over 2 months. They pull hard through mud and still slide corners great!

I love these posts! I feel like I am among those who understand me! No one I work with does. I can relate to thinking better when I am riding. The intense mental concentration required when you are flying down trails in the woods between trees hardly wide enough for your quad and sliding around hairpin turns is exhilarating!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing like it!
The magazines I read tear me up and make me want to ride but even worse, getting a video out and watching it. (Quatros Locos, Hueves 2) I have learned to not do that to myself. That makes me go NUTS.....or should I say NUTTIER!!! Let's face it, we are a different breed!

Angelon400ex

Old 12-23-2000, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

Hi, my name is Tim and I'm a ATVAHOLIC.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step. The second step is riding 'till the wheels fall off

Old 12-23-2000, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Is your girlfriend planning on murdering me? I'm too young to die aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

It's not my fault!!! You watched the video...isn't sweet? aaargh, where's the damn powder?

Old 12-23-2000, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

She won't kill you Zorro. She will just be jealous! Gonna have to get her one next...

Quick Reply: Crazy question: am I the only one?