Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

what do ya think happened??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do ya think happened??

So I had the trailblazer rippin around out back for the 2nd time this year. Running really good for about 20 minutes and then when I open the throttle hard bogs right down to nothing. Ran ran fine putting around but whe I gave it gas it bogged HARD. Took it back to the garage and let it idle for a little - Bogged in nuetral when gassed. Then it seemed to work itself out and now runs fine again. It was like it wasnt getting gas. I checked the tank and it prob had 1/4 tank. I was bouncin around pretty good - Is is possible it got air in the gas line and had to work itself out? Dirty fuel filter maybe?

Old 04-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the sleds bog a bit when first started(2-stroke I know) but you may have had too much fuel or had it flooded abit!!....Was it hard to start?.....Was the choke on if there is one? maybe the plug was rich and the heat just burnt it clean then ran fine!!!....Caper.........OH how long was it since it was last started ?
Carb may be a little dirty also!!!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

it started right up - it was prob 2 weeks since started last. I let it warm up good before I ran it. Ran fine for a while then it did it. I think I recall it did it once last year I cant remember. If I remember right, I think was a little low on gas then too. Is it possible the gas sloshes around and sucks in air?

Old 04-14-2007, 11:02 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

............The fuel pick-up line may not go right to the bottom.......Some may even have a filter in the tank on the pick-up line.........I know some of the Yamaha sleds did!!!!!..........Caper........

Old 04-15-2007, 12:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes, the pickup is not right in the bottom.......If you ddin't put any gas in it......and then rode just the same......its not the gas then.

There are lots of variables......my first thought, was you had the air vent(gas tank) pinched......which, if happens again......try to loosen the gas cap and try it.

Could be filter.....carb......pipe......related......hard to tell.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

brut, did you hit the choke when it did this? if you did and it came out of it then it would be a lack of fuel condtion. im guessing that you might have some dirt floating around in the bowl and parital plugging the needle. if you had at least a 1/4 tank of fuel i would doubt it was running bad from lack of fuel from the tank. just my opinion. it wouldnt hurt to replace the fuel filter and maybe do a carb cleaning as well.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

no I didnt hit the choke - I didnt think of doing that. I will try that if it does it again. Thanks for the ideas - I will do a new filter. Do you think its worth a try to spray carb cleaner in it? How well does carb cleaner spray work?

Old 04-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

MINE DID THAT AFTER I BOUGHT IT AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER(TOP END REBUILD)..but any wasy the gas petcock was 1/2 pluged the rubber o-ring inside came apart and was stuck in the way... my dealer sells alot of the on/ off valaves ..,. he stocks them if that tellls ya something...savage-out

Old 04-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if your asking my opinion, i dont beleave spraying carb cleaner in any carb while its running doesnt do a very good job. some doit and it works some times but it doesnt get into all the spots. i lways prefer to take it apart to do a good job the first time. there again this is only my way of doing it and not for everyone.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

hey savage - why did you need a top end rebuild? was that part of the problem? I hope not! this machine prob doesnt have 100 hours on it.

thanks for advise Sten - maybe I will do that today - weather is crap anyway - that dang storm is here.

Quick Reply: what do ya think happened??