Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

"Pure Polaris" performance muffler...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007 | 07:55 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default "Pure Polaris" performance muffler...

As mentioned here in the past, I purchased one of these mufflers from Breese via eBay for my SP700. I know a few other folks here have one and I'd like some feedback.

It installed easily and yielded quite a bit of low-end power. However, after two days of extended riding I'm finding it just a bit loud for my preference. It's not so loud that it hurts my ears, but it's right at the "annoying" level if you know what I mean. And I don't want to be one of those ATV'ers that makes things bad for others with an excessively loud machine.

So I'm thinking about removing one or more of the "rings" at the back end. Supposedly you can add more rings to further reduce the backpressure (and presumably increase the volume), so I'm guessing the opposite is also true. I'd be willing to give up a little of the power increase if it also dampened the sound a bit.

What I don't know is if I'm just chasing my tail here, and if I'd be better off just going back to the stock muffler. I'd like the ability to dial in the relationship between volume and power, which is what I think those rings will do for me, but it may be that this performance muffler is just going to be loud no matter what I do.

Has anyone played with the number of rings on their performance muffler? What were your experiences? Have you gone back to the stock muffler for noise reasons?

Thanks!

Old 04-16-2007 | 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

You're right. That bike is WAY to loud. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us. The preformace gain is probably not worth the damage you will do to our sports excellent reputation... If you are interested in selling it please PM me!!!

All kidding aside, performance mufflers are louder than stock pipes. However, have you considered installing a larger air intake and 800 header and reinstalling the stock can? They may fit on your bike. Do the reasearch first but I think I read that it can be done on 03 and up 700's. I recently installed a 800 air intake tube and 800 header (stock can) and was blown away with the performance gain! I am suffering from "mod fever" and would therefore be interested in purchasing the muffler if you decide you don't want it.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2007 | 10:45 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

Is it just me or does everybody want to get "MORE" out of there quad ALL the time!!!!!!!

When will riders be happy with there quad???

How much more H.P. do you really think your gonna get from lets say a air filter or muffler????

We are talking about low H.P. engines compared to cars and trucks!!!

Hey Listen up Guys!!!!!!!!...I just heard of A new Grease you can put on your wheel Bearings and get about 5-10 more miles per hour!!!!!!!........You need to send me a cheque for $29.99 first though!!!!!!!!!!
LOL........LOL.........Caper.............

Old 04-16-2007 | 10:47 PM

I forgot to say this was NOT towards you WAATV.......just ALL the post I be reading now!!!!!!!!
........Caper.................

Old 04-16-2007 | 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

how much for 2 of your special grease. can i get it wholesale for resale huh?

Old 04-16-2007 | 11:27 PM

It's in Canadian Funds so you should be able to buy more than 2......Caper.......LOL..LOL..

Old 04-16-2007 | 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

10/4......................i get a double whammy huh..........?....................cool............ ............i want 4 then.............!........how much for shipping huh...........?

Old 04-16-2007 | 11:49 PM

Shipping from Canada is by snowmobile or dog-sled only....So I guess you have no choice but to wait until next year!!!!!!!.......Caper...............

Old 04-16-2007 | 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

naw dude................ next storm system coming in by this friday coming up. will snow plenty in canada and at least to wyoming. so pack up the dogs and hook up that sleigh and i'll meet you at the halfway point. hot cocoa on me...............................!

Old 04-17-2007 | 08:48 AM
Trailblazer

Caper- They do have low horsepower relative to cars and trucks..... Which got me thinking..... What car or truck motor do you think I could fit in my Sportsman?? "Hemi Sportsman" or even a large motorcycle engine "Sportster Sportsman" I think I need to start a new thread...

If I decide to quit will you be my sponsor? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: "Pure Polaris" performance muffler...