Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Big Bore kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Big Bore kits

I have not been on here for quite some time, but was somewhat interested in possibly a big bore kit for my 2003 Pred. I used the search button but found very little, especially anything recent.

Can anyone tell me which kits people prefer, and with what results are people seeing. I would love to have more bottom end. I enjoy a great bottom/mid. Right now with the stock engine, it's mostly mid, with some top.

My engine is still completely stock, maybe 20 hours total since new, but because I ride powerful dirt bikes and am addicted to their power, I need more from my Predator, and was hoping this might be the answer. Or, should I look more into the cams? It would be nice to have around 10-15hp more over stock.

In terms of engine performance, just running the K&N (stock airbox), FMF Headers/PP Slip on with the Turn Down no baffles, re-jetted somewhat rich for CA desert riding.

Let me know your thoughts guys....

Old 04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

hsphas a 600 bbk

hpd has a 558 bbk, i have that and love it

and doug doughas a few kits as well

Old 04-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree.......those kits are good. Be ready to spend some money though.......and I personally, like the twin air, clamp on.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Range Rover

Great links scams....

But like Brad mentioned, I would have to cough up some dough at those places...

Any other kits out there that are not as spendy, but have a good reputation and record? I only ride this quad like 1-3x a year, so spending that kind of dough would be hard to justify.

Would money be better spent like on some carb work and the twin air clamp on kit or something?

Just trying to get the best bang for the buck without breaking the bank...... I also wanted to gear up the CS tooth one from stock, so I needed a little extra grunt for that too. This quad is just too slow for me (speed wise) in the open desert.... I COMPLETELY wish this thing had a 6th gear. The bike spends most of it's life in 4th and 5th gear. I'd spend some money if I could get another gear in there. Oh that would be ideal too.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Those are about the cheapest kits out.....and about the only ones.

A good intake, carb, and pipe would get ya some power......but you're looking about about 500 bucks right there.......

Old 04-18-2007, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer

i sent you a pm to a place where you can find all the info on a pred you could want.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the help guys. I'll review the information in the PM as well.

If $500 got me 5-7 ponies, it might be worth it.

I'll be getting back to you guys soon,

Thanks again, Ryan

PS: I saw a Wiseco kit on ebay, a 560 kit I think, with a resleeve, something like $280 bucks. These suck or something?

Trending Topics

Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yes, stay away from ebay "kits".........they are usually cheap material, and scams. You don't want to go that route. You might be able to find a used pipe on there however

Pipes to look for:

HMF(would be my first choice)
Pure polaris/White brothers(2nd choice)

Air Filter
Twin Air Clamp on(and outerware, if in desert).....probably only get these at Nicholas Cycle....you will also need some bel-ray foam filter oil(from them too)

Carb Mods
Nicholas Cycle......send you carb to him.......email/call him......and he will tell you what to expect

This should easily get you that 5-10hp......I'm thinking about 8hp.

Also, check www.predatorowners.com That is where "we" pred owners hang out.........

Old 04-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

pabst660r: The PM did not go through, can you send again? Thanks...

Brad: I think my header/slip on combo that I have now is definitely good, no? I think even that Nick guy mentions the Pure Polaris with the turn down works quite well, which is what I use.

Yeah, that clamp on twin air sounds really nice with the outerware. I definitely need to get on that. I'll get his take on the carb deal too and see if it's worth it. Is there more to be had with the edelbrock carb that's out there, or is there more power to be had if I let him tweak mine? Price it will likely break out to be close to the same.

Cool, thanks for letting me know about the ebay stuff, appreciate it.

Ahh, that's right. I was at that site years ago. I didn't find it on google when I typed in predator forums, so thanks for giving me that again. I'll cruise over there and check it all out again.

Whatelse are you guys doing for more speed? Just re-gearing the sprockets and losing some off the bottom?

Old 04-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok, sorry didn't see you had that combo, that is fine then.

Carbs.....

The eldebrock in my opinion is not worth it. Doug(nicholas) carb mods(both of them) and that twin air are worth every penny. They really wake the pred up.

Most of us don't really care about speed, just how fast we get there.....so, it will be hard to find info on that. Obviously more power will help you go faster, quicker.....but......anyone can regear and get going 100mph.....if you have a long enough stretch.... You could regear a little, but I'd be afraid of losing my lower end....

Quick Reply: Predator Big Bore kits