Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

01 Trailblazer questions/possibilities

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Trailblazer questions/possibilities

Ok, so I bought an 01' Trailblazer last summer. I'm a 5'9" 210LBS rider and I asked around for some performance questions, and i got some positive feed back. I added a pink EPI secondary clutch spring which helped the machine on take off and with some over rev. I was later told that spring was more for polaris 4-strokes. If thats true, what is a good spring for my Trailblazer?? Secondly, the stock tires are absolutely the worst tires i have ever encountered on any atv. they do a good job on the dirt roads... The first time i took it out on the trail and got in some gooey mud not even enough to get hung up on, i was burried... Weighing almost 500lbs, it was a pushing match to get it out. What im getting at, what are some good tires that dont weigh too much. I know that ITP has the mudlite, and they make the mudlite for Sport quads. But i dont want a pure mud tire. Just something with some better bite than the stock polaris tires(same as found on scrambler 500). Next thing is what size front and back Sprockets does my 01 Trailblazer have? I dont care so much about top speed as i do acceleration and power for this machine. When i ride this machine i am obviously going slow anyways, but i want more power. Has anyone tried different size sprockets for this machine, with good results?? Thank your for your time, and answers.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

As far as tires go, I have a set of Maxxis Razrs. They are the only tires I have had and I love them. I have been stuck once and I do a ton of mud ridding. thjey are a good all around tire and cheap. The easiest wya I have found to get unstuck is to pick up the rear of the tB (I know it weighs a lot) and kick a few good sized rocks under the tires. Gets you out really easy. Be sure to take the rocks back out of the mud if you are on a trail. The stock sprocket sizes are 11 tooth front and I think a 42 tooth rear (I can't remember if it is 42 or 36 for the rear). That is the setup I have and it does a good job IMO.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

The front sprocket is an 11 tooth.

The rear should be a 36 tooth, but if it was manufactured before 7/15/00, it will have a 38 tooth.

You may want to talk to Rick at Ritter Cycle and he should be able to set you up just where you want to be. Affordable and the best customer service. Be sure to call, not email. He gets too busy to check that on regular basis.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not really into the mud thing so as far as tires go I have ITP holeshots
on my 99TB. I thought the stock tires where pretty good in snow and dirt.
I had a 2000 and still have my 99 so as far as springs go give Rick Ritter
a call and see what spring he would recommend. I don't have his number
but he is on this site all the time so some body will help. My 99 has a lot
of mods but at some point mine had a red/white spring that gave it a big
push off the bottom end. I would explore springs before you change
sprockets. My 99TB had a 11 tooth front and a 38 on the rear and the
2000 TB had a 12/42. Yours is probably the 12/42.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

rear sproket built b4 7/15/01 has the 38t and after this date has the 36t, front sproket is 11t. i had the mudlites on the wifes t.blazer and had good luck w/ them compared to the stock tires. i would contact rick ritter about anything to do w/ making more power w/ the trailblazer. he can set you right up w/ clutching and anything esle you would need.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For good power get RcRs stage1 kit for tires I had great luck with PureSport Realetors on our TB

Old 04-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

Tires..I suggest a maxxis razrs, they help the TB sooooo much in mudd,snow,hill climbing, and just street and dirt..

Also check this out...its an 65$ item but i know have good pop up for my tb..

this is the link for ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...4594QQtcZphoto

I really do suggest this for more low end power since this helps the quad rev better, also new tires see u can grip better...

I also say ether get the kit from rcr, or give hpd a call and get a exhaust system and a real clutch kit not just a spring..

Or maybe change sproket sizes?

Old 04-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

The one thing I forgot to mention about the Maxxis Razrs is that they hate wet heavy snow. They to well in anything other than wet snow. It gets all packed in the treads and the tires become useless. I don't know any tires that do real well in that stuff.