Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer 250

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer 250

Anyone have a service manual for a 2000 trailblazer 250? I just picked one up, runs pretty good but needs some work done in the gear case. I've been doing some research and I think it's the silent chain slipping. I'm getting noise under a load or moderate accelerate but not in reverse. I plan on going through it completely when I get some money saved while I have it apart. Anyway I'm looking for a repair manual if anyone can help me out, thanks!

Old 08-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

No free ones that I can find anymore,but this one covers different models and engines,but includes the 250. All 250 engines were the same no matter whether Trail Boss,Blazer,Explorer 250,etc. Should also help you out on gear case, basic service and electrical and mechanical repairs.DOWNLOAD 1999-2000 Polaris ATV Repair Manual ALL MODELS - Download ... Plus here's a good online place for parts along with ebay if needed. Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki & Kawasaki OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse

Old 08-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

Yea I looked and couldn't find any either. Do the gears tend to strip easy being driven like this? I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best lol. Thanks for the reply.

Old 08-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

A lot of times all I had to replace was the silent chain and seals,no other major parts involved if it shifted ok.Common problem on the machines that didn't have low range. Silent chains took a beating on these models over the years. They'll never make noise in reverse because it's gear to gear,nothing to slip..

Old 08-30-2015, 01:52 AM
Range Rover

Any specific sites for aftermarket parts for these? Looking mainly for aftermarket plastics and accessories. I found plenty of info on mods and performance sites but can't find any plastics or cosmetics. I've been to all the popular atv parts sites. Just wondering if there might be any polaris or trailblazer specific sites. I can't find a single site or company that makes an aftermarket set.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:26 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Hard to find aftermarket plastic for the Trail Blazer. For oem parts,Partzilla and this place are about the cheapest. Dirt Cheap Yamaha, Polaris, Suzuki & Kawasaki OEM Parts & Accessories – Cycle Parts Warehouse You can always check out ebay on used plastic,plus you might consider graphics or wrap.http://www.graphickitsdepot.com/cata...s-kit-104.html

Old 08-30-2015, 09:18 AM
Range Rover

My plastics aren't that bad, I was just looking to dress it up a little bit after I get it 100% running wise. Thanks for the links though.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Range Rover

Think I'm looking at new sprockets and chain to start with just to rule it out. I just pulled the front one and it's wore at an angle, the teeth lean to the front, so maybe it's just a bad sprocket and not the silent chain.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Just pull the atv up to a post and give it a little gas. You can tell real quick if it's the silent chain. The outer sprockets, chain and tires wont move but you'll hear the silent chain slipping and grinding if it's bad.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Range Rover

I would try it but I already started tearing it apart. I'm pretty sure it's the silent chain, it only does it in forward. I can get on it in reverse and it doesn't do it at all. There was quite a bit of gunk and metal shavings on the tip of the drain plug too. Hope that's not a bad sign, or is that just normal wear? I'm assuming it's the original chain. I'm also trying to figure out how the tensioner works. There's a bolt that goes into the drain plug but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Quick Reply: Trailblazer 250