Old 05-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trail washer pump

Gnadz -

What part#? A couple claim to be VORTEX type, pretty
cool products still looks cheaper. But would you need to
add either Battery terminal ends or cigarette lighter adaptor?
And what was the shipping costs? If it is the VORTEX from
the site looks like you almost got it for half the price.

R'

Old 05-08-2007, 06:54 AM
Trailblazer

They sell it on the website for 50+ but if you go on ebay they are going for anywhere around 35 bucks plus 8 shipping. Try this link http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Volt-Water-Pu...QQcmdZViewItem

The buy it now price seems to be what they're going for even after the bidding starts. I've watched 3 sell and the lowest anyone got it for is 33 bucks. The coolest thing I think is that you can toss it into any pond, creek, or puddle as long as you aren't sucking up solid mud. I can't vouch for the durability but it seems like it will work. I'm gonna try one and let everyone know how it is. I've been in too many situations where we had to tip our machines on their backs and waste valuable "beverages" that we were carrying to clean out the rad just to get home.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wow i think i started a trend. lol. ok let me straighten you all out about these pumps. the reason i went w/ this pump is that it has a presure shut off switch, and it can run dry w/out damage,and its self priming. what this means is that when i put the hose end in water and plug it in it will pump up to my end nozzle and then shut off until i squeeze the handle it kicks back on. this way it cant burn it self out by building back pressure. it is completely rebuildable. its 1/2 clear hose for pressure up to 75 psi on both ends and dropped down 3/8"x1/4" pipe fitting which screws into my nozzle. sometimes cheap isnt the way to go. just my opinion.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Well I finally got my washer finished. I found an old tool bag, cut some 1/2 inch plywood the size of the bottom of the bag and mounted the pump to it. The bag had a pouch on the outside so I ran the wires to it for easy access and storage, And my pump had garden hose fittings, so 2 10' lengths of hose with a screen over the inlet and a nozzle on the outlet. Now I'm completly ready for this weekend!!! Hopefully I get my bike back tomorrow LOL

Old 05-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

hey guys wheres my copy rights money you all owe me. w/ this much interest i should be able to buy a new wheeler lol.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:20 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

here is a pic of it.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Been working on one also. I got the flojet pump off ebay, 50 psi - 2.8 gpm demand diaphram pump, $63 shipped. Also got a 40 mesh strainer as figured did not know what might get sucked up into it. Working on the plumbing & wiring now.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Have you used it in a real trail situation yet Stendori? Lets us know how it does!

Cheers,

R'

Old 05-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

Where do you guys carry your pumps? On my 05 800 can't really find a spot in either of the stock boxes.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

our trails are still closes for mud season so i havent even had it out yet. still got to pull the clutch apart to but the good spring in. damn rain every weekend and putting things on my truck.
upnort, i carry my pump right up front in my front storage compartment. baily fits but i wrap a rag around it to kinda of protect it.

Quick Reply: trail washer pump