Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris hawkeye mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris hawkeye mods

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Mickelonis1

If you want more power throughout the whole band, then you need to get a dynojet kit...

www.dynojet.com

Also, I am in the middle of drilling out the carb slide in my second Hawkeye, I'll take some pictures of what I am doing if you like (give you a better idea).</end quote></div>

Please post up a few pictures. Also, what does drilling the slide do? By that what does if effect, and what are the benefits?

Old 05-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

Drilling the slide allows it to rise at a faster rate, which results in quicker throttle response and acelleration.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sheepdogMSP8117

Drilling the slide allows it to rise at a faster rate, which results in quicker throttle response and acelleration.</end quote></div>

So all the drilling does is lighten up the slide itself? It appears the carb is a CV carb, is that correct? They use vacume to raise the slide don't they?

Old 05-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Drilling the slide isn't for lightened it. It changes the vacuum to make it go up faster. The Comet clutch kit for it only gives you more top speed, but you lose your EBS. They said it makes it better for trail riding.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer

I drilled out my second carb (in the Hawkeye) slide last night. I also took pictures and will have them posted here today. (sorry it took so long)

Old 08-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got a hawkeye 2x4 for my wife. we can not get it to go over 38 mph on the street!! we took it to florance oregon for a week and put 180 miles on it. thought it would speed up after break in, its still slow. so I bought a supertrapp for a sportsman 800 and it slips right on, just need to make a simple bracket to hang it. I called super trap and the guy was going to pass this on to there fab dept. he said take out 5 discs (this is with a k+n filter and holes in the top of the air box, it comes with 12 discs, and we only ride in sand) and he said that should be ok with stock jetting. he said read the plug, light tan is what you want. play with the number of discs to get it right. then modify it from there. with all the discs in the pipe (12) he suggested 1-2 sizes bigger than stock on the main jet and a little more on the pilot circuit. will get the brkt done tomorrow and ride it around and check the plug and see how it goes. will post after I get that done.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

The Clutch weights are a big Mod as well, it will knowck off 1/2 of your 0--40 times
Just pulling 2 of the 14 gram yellow weights will make a world of difference on it.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

ronickles .... something's wrong there. My 06 bone-stock Hawkeye can hit 49 MPH regularly with my 330lb butt on board, always has. I even saw five-oh one time on a downhill.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ronickels

I got a hawkeye 2x4 for my wife. we can not get it to go over 38 mph on the street!! we took it to florance oregon for a week and put 180 miles on it. thought it would speed up after break in, its still slow. so I bought a supertrapp for a sportsman 800 and it slips right on, just need to make a simple bracket to hang it. I called super trap and the guy was going to pass this on to there fab dept. he said take out 5 discs (this is with a k+n filter and holes in the top of the air box, it comes with 12 discs, and we only ride in sand) and he said that should be ok with stock jetting. he said read the plug, light tan is what you want. play with the number of discs to get it right. then modify it from there. with all the discs in the pipe (12) he suggested 1-2 sizes bigger than stock on the main jet and a little more on the pilot circuit. will get the brkt done tomorrow and ride it around and check the plug and see how it goes. will post after I get that done.</end quote></div>

Post up the SuperTrapp part number.....PLEASE! BTW, I see your's is an '07 Hawkeye. The muffler on mine is not a slip on, it is held on the headpipe with springs. Does your's have the '06 style muffler?

Old 09-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

o.k. I ment it slips right in place, clears the plastic , the stock exhaust dougnut fits into the muffler and yes its held on to the head pipe with two springs. a simple mount just needs to be fabed up from the two stock mounting holes to the slot on the top of the supertrapp. the part # is "835-1802 idsx slip on" it says on the instructions "polaris sportsman 800" I have it on the bike now with zip ties so I could measure the mounts to make one. and 38mph is all me, my wife, or any of the kids could get out of it. thats comming from the bikes speedo. I though it mighnt be in low gear or something but I did not find a hi/lo anywhere. the supertrapp lable on the pipe is facing the frame becouse the 300 is a left side exhaust and the 800 is a right. I will drill the pop rivits out put in blanks and mount it on the other side of the muffler....or not.... I would like to find out how to "drill out the carb" a picture or something also. the reason I joined the forum was for more knowlage on the hawkeye. thank you for all your posts. I will try the clutch weight mod as well. this is my wifes bike but she has to keep up with everyone else with faster quads. buy the way I paid 330 for the muffler at pro caliber motorsports in vancouver wa. I have see them online for 310. also the part # for the k+n filter is pl-1004 the part # for the outer wear is pl-1004 pk. I paid 49.95 for it also at po caliber. now a question for all. I saw thing online called team cvt and they are improving the efficiencie of the stock cvt transmission on the 200 phoenix and 300 hawkeye they show roller design improvements in stages but nothing on avalibility or anything elce, any one else see anything on this? log on to "team cvt" you will see what I did. the stock main jet size on my 07 is a #140 I went down to the store and the mikuni jets they have are 142.5 - 145 - 147.5 - 150 - 152.5 - 155 - 157.5 - 160 I am assuming the .5's are 1/2 sizes?? and the 140-145-150-155-160 are full sizes?? i got all the way up to 160 they were $3.25ea. to get to the carb I had to pull the rear plastic off and disconnect the cvt vent tubes and pull them out. once I figured it out I can do it pretty quick. I wold like email (ronaldnickels@comcast.net) about the cluth roller or weigh mod and drilling the carb for faster responce also. thank you.

Quick Reply: polaris hawkeye mods