Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I now NEED a plow

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2000, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a 48" blade and attachment kit/tubes for my '00 Trail Boss today. I picked it up for $315 because I didn't need a lift kit with my Warn winch on the front. I have no idea how it will perform but I'm anxious to get it. With any luck I should have it by Friday. Anyone plow with or have seen a Trail Boss plow? Most everyone at the dealer felt that the extra weight on the TB will make up for the 2X4. My sales rep also said that if I have any difficulty a bag of sand on the back or adding chains will make a big difference.

Old 12-26-2000, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

My friend has an artic cat 454, and built some wooden boxes on both racks, and puts two cinder blocks in front and four in the rear, plus has chains on all four tires. He has a 50" plow and its pretty cool seeing the snow that thing'll push.

Old 12-27-2000, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Bruce

My neighbor has a V shaped Polaris plow on his Sportsman. He has a longer driveway than mine and the V shape allows him to bust through the deep drifts and then he can straighten the blade and clean up the driveway. I would look at the plows that allow you to adjust them into a V shape for breaking up the drifts. Then you can straighten the blade and clean it up. I am not sure about how much the V shape plows cost. Make sure you buy what you want and what will work or you will not be satisfied. A regular 50 inch straight blade works fine for the amount of snow that we get. I would think you will need something more with your deeper snow. Let us know what you decide.

Old 12-27-2000, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

gb

I have not seen a trail boss plow snow, but my buddy is plowing with his recon. The biggest thing is to put some sort of weight box or blocks on the rear end. The winch and the plow will upset the weight balance of the quad forward and the rear tires do not get maximum traction. You need to fix that balance with some weight on the rear rack. Take your time and you will do all right.

Old 12-27-2000, 01:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 00' magnum 325 4x4 with a 50" moose country plow, and superwinch T1500 and its a nice setup..and here in this part of PA we get alot of snow especially in our drive wich is a 1/4 mile long. If it snows 3 inches it drifts about a foot and when it gets to deep i put the plow on the truck and if thats not enough i get out the 60 hp farm tractor wiht the 6ft snowblower then we get the job done.. but lately i havet had to use the truck because of the the mag that thing plows snow so good i can easily plow a good 1 1/2 ft of snow the only thingis it gets hard to push when u keep rolling the snow on top like when the plow is angled so u have to go pull it some of the snow away ..I am sorry for the long post but i just wanted everyone to know how much i love my magnum and i couldnt image plowin with a sportsman with all that power.wow!