Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just finished registering the new ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Just finished registering the new ATVs

Miniexcavator, that's pretty much the reason I ride in NH. I wanted to ride in Vermont also as they are opening up some huge trail systems (including a trail that goes through my property in Barnard, VT). The registration is cheap in VT, but you must get liability insurance to ride in VT because the trail connectors are roads used by cars and trucks. (dirt roads out in the woods) Being a MA resident it would cost me about $450 per quad to ride in VT. Not worth it to me. NH and Maine are probably the best states right now to ride in New England if you are not a resident.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Phoenix, I live in the Billerica area and don't know of any legal places to ride in the Burlington area. That would be news to me. Let me know what you find out.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya no insurance needs here yet and i hope it says that way. there is more clubs being made every year so they can have good trails to ride on. a couple of yrs ago they passed new laws stating that you have to have permission to ride on the land or have to be atv trail signed.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moose,

There is a small college campas right on the Burlington/ Woburn line, Northeastern. there is a patch of grass for those stupid model airplane people like the ones they fly across from the Billerica Jail, they are always putting up no quading signs. But, there are landowners abutting the land always out there, they showed my friends the way around, and said the college does not care, but to stay off the patch of grass for the airplane people. Also one of my friends knows a guy who has a young son, I guess the Burlington rec. has a dirt bike program, and they ride down there. He saw them down there one day, and asked the guy if it was ok to ride down there, the guy said it was fine.

If you want directions email me,

Jim71615@yahoo.com

Jim

Old 08-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer

Oh, Moose, by the way, the only thing they said you may be asked about is if they are registered. Mass reg. is $40 for 2 years as long as you paid sales tax, if you didnt you would have to,

Jim

Old 08-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

I live in Avon the only trails open around here are for dirt bikes only. I have heard of one on the Mass -NH boarder but its not too long at all. I think its in Georgetown

Old 08-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Thanks Phoenix, I always wondered about that area. I know exactly where you are talking about. I have a friend who lives in Burlington and I think he got kicked out of there in the past. I'll mention what you said to him and see what he thinks. Probably not worth it to us to get the Mass. registration though.

Miniexcavator, there are about 3 parks in Western Mass. that allow atvs. This is from their website: Western Massachusetts - These four forests are open to ORV use through the partnership of the Berkshire Trails Council and local ORV clubs who help to maintain the trails for all visitors. ORV trails in Western Massachusetts are challenging and only suitable for the intermediate to expert rider. For more detailed information, trail maps and directions go to www.mass.gov/dcr/forparks.htm

Beartown State Forest (Lee, Great Barrington and Monterey) tel. # (413)528-0904
Approximately 25 miles of ORV trails suitable for motorcycles or ATVs.

October Mountain State Forest (Lee, Lenox, Washington and Becket) tel. # (413)243-1778
Approximately 30 miles of ORV trails suitable for motorcycles or ATVs.

Pittsfield State Forest (Pittsfield, Lanesboro and Hancock) tel. # (413)442-8992
Approximately 36 miles of ORV trails suitable for motorcycles or ATVs.

I go to NH because, for me, it is about the same time to get up to NH as it is to get to MA.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

drill 2 small holes in the plate so that it fits behind your brake light

(but would drilling holes in it make it invalid?

Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

zip ties to the rear rack. When I put my rear rack bag on I accidentally flip the plate around so you can't see it...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But I'm going to Pittsfield state forest this weekend (tomorrow actually untill Sunday)
So ill flip it around since its legal riding..

Gonna be weird riding on legal trails, never done that before, only thing that sucks is I won't be bringing beer because that is prohibited in MA state parks..can't win em all I guess...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

lol its always an accident. We actually made some mounts out of angle iron. Using the holes in the sides of the rear grab bar, we're going to put bolts through that hole at the top of like a 2 1/2" piece of angle iron, drilled a couple holes in the bottom to mount the plate so it will be under the grabbar. We primed and painted them up, Ill take a couple pics of the mounts and what it looks like tomorrow when we mount them.

Moose, who do you know that lives in Burlington, and who kicked them out of there?? From what Ive heard it just legal open space,

Jim

Quick Reply: Just finished registering the new ATVs