Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sorry but I have to ask

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry but I have to ask

I know that this has been asked a million times but Im thinking of putting a snorkle on my '05 SP 700. It has the cargo box on the front. I have heard of guys running it in the headlight pod. If you have any pics of it ran this way that would be great. I really dont want the tube sticking up to high if the front i think the pod thing would be better.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

go check out all the swamp boys over on the higherlifter forum. they do alot of the snorkle mods. most have good info w/ pics.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Well your air intake is almost to the fuel cap now, so if you go up to the pod, you'll only gain about 6"s. And then you'll have to also extend the clutch intake and exhaust to the same height or what's the point right?? And then if your gonna do all that you might as well do all your vent lines for the diff, and rear end, and trans, and don't forget about the coolant overflow too!! Oh and then don't forget to dialectric grease in ALL of your electrical connections!!! I gave a LOT of thought to snorkle mine, but thats a lot of work just to sink mine again LOL

Old 08-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

or you cound save all the hassle and go buy a boat. lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

Geez, Scrammy, I never thought of it like that. When I go to the mud bog competitions and see the snorkled bikes, I always wondered what it takes to do that. My son buried his in the bog and it took me over 2 hours to get it relit and then I changed the oil and spent another couple of hours drying everything out that I could get to. Runs fine now, but I had pondered having the bike snorkled so junior could bury at his own discretion. Not only does that sound intensive to have done, but it sounds expensive too. I've been enlightened, thanks.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Range Rover

man it dont float. why would u want to put it that deep in water anyway?

Old 08-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

LOL They do in fact float with my 200lb butt on it. But VERY tippy LOL And just the bars are out of the water. When you get off, the racks will be level with the water but again VERY tippy. LOL The damn tires just want to be on top all the time. Yes it's from personal expiriance and I don't recomend it too anyone LOL