Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone ride Outlaw 525s?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ride Outlaw 525s?

Im looking at buying one in the next few months and I wanna know how they really run, magazines can say all they want, i wanna know how they hold up, if they really arethatfast, as much as you guys are willing to tell me. Thaks for the help.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

I ride mine just about every day. Its the envy of all my friends. Two guys, one rides a DS650 and the other TRX450R are both selling thier to buy a 525IRS. They are extremely fast. Ive never been beaten on mine. Even against dirt bikes. They are also very smooth. I have had no problems with mine. Keep up with the maintanence. Change the oil, adjust the valves, grease everything like the manual tells you to and it will last a long time. The engine is bulletproof, it has tons of bottom end and it will scream. It has a good size gas tank for long trail rides. Ive had it on MX tracks, it jumps nice and smooth. The shocks aren't the best, but they can be tweaked to what you like. You wont regret it. Ive ridden a ton of different quads, and this one is my fav so far. Try to get someone to let you test drive one so you can see how you like it. I guess if you have any questions beyond that just ask and Ill do my best to answer.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

its the envy of all your friends ? wow i had no idea

Old 09-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

what do you mean the shocks arent the best? and hows it do in tight woods, with so much power on tap and so much compression does it stall alot, coz thats what i like to ride, and im not used to manual on a quad... also how much ground clearance do you lose when you sit on it, because were i ride the ruts are real deep, iv seen rincons get buried, which isnt saying much, but even still. hows it do in the mud too? thanks

Old 09-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cataway

its the envy of all your friends ? wow i had no idea</end quote></div>

Yea, it got some attention when I went to McBain Al. Brian is getting one and another guy out there after riding it said his 450r was for sale. Rob said its the fastest thing hes ever been on. Not you guys, though. For some reason you guys arent too hot on polaris. To each his own. But we are going to Silver lake in 2 weeks, so everyone will be able to see what it can do bone stock. 55 hp is alot. If I can just figure out how to drive it I will do OK. Im not the greatest yet on take offs, but sand is a whole different monster. Just raced Josee on the Can-Am 650 HO in 4WD and had no trouble. Im not saying its the best quad ever, but it sure has some innovative qualities. But I guess I should rephrase my statement to most of my sane friends like it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

Back to answering your questions though. The shocks pack up a bit sometimes and it gets a little bucky. You gotta dial them in to your size and ride style. I just a few weeks ago wen to McBain and rode miles of tight trails and it did fine. Thats really what it is made for is trail riding. You dont really lose much clearance when you sit on it at all. Especially if you turn the pre-load up a bit. Its got alot of ground clearance. But chances are if a Util is getting stuck you might too. But you do have the advantage of just powering through it. Keep the hammer down and dont let up, youll make it through.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

haha im liking your advice more and more everytime "Keep the hammer down and dont let up, youll make it through" yaha thats how its done haha. iv heard the hocks arent all that adjustable, and im not to crazy a rider, so i dont think the shocks will pack up very often on me, theres no whoops really were i live and heard thats the weak spot on the outlaw and thats were the shocks really buck. I guarentee you though it still does better then my 2000 scrambler, the shocks on that thing are shot, when i sit on it the rear shock almost goes all the way through its stroke, even when its tightened up. i think iv time for a revalve haha. but as for the outlaw, i think im going to test ride one, i just gotta sell the scrambler (which i still love) and my dad will buy it for me ill bet. and oter thing i should know or suggestions? thanks

Old 09-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Trailblazer

Scrammies are cool, but just wait till you ride an outlaw. It will seem like its wicked fast. I hop on my old 300ex everytime I start thinking my outlaw isnt that fast anymore. I get a quick reminder. Other than the rough ride on the whoops, its a great all around quad. I see Honda just came out with a 700xx that has IRS too. Maybe its starting to catch on. Its a really cool idea, and great for those of us whos friends all ride Util. so we can go over rocks just like they do. And then in the straights make them eat dust. Thats pretty much my philosophy in riding, if at first you dont succeed, give it more gas. Yea I would definitely recommend you go ride one, they are really fast and really dangerous, take it easy. Ive crashed mine a couple times now. Things happen fast. Take good care of it, and it will take good care of you.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea my brother has one......ive riden it a couple of times and let me tell u that thing rips through some pretty deep mud here in Florida. but i still had to pull him out with my 07 Sportsman 500 DLX.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gablett

I ride mine just about every day. Its the envy of all my friends. Two guys, one rides a DS650 and the other TRX450R are both selling thier to buy a 525IRS. They are extremely fast. Ive never been beaten on mine. Even against dirt bikes. They are also very smooth. I have had no problems with mine. Keep up with the maintanence. Change the oil, adjust the valves, grease everything like the manual tells you to and it will last a long time. The engine is bulletproof, it has tons of bottom end and it will scream. It has a good size gas tank for long trail rides. Ive had it on MX tracks, it jumps nice and smooth. The shocks aren't the best, but they can be tweaked to what you like. You wont regret it. Ive ridden a ton of different quads, and this one is my fav so far. Try to get someone to let you test drive one so you can see how you like it. I guess if you have any questions beyond that just ask and Ill do my best to answer.</end quote></div>

dirtbikes? i want to know who was riding them. and ive never been beaten...lol you must not have raced to much have you.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

Nope havent had it very long. And the dirt bikes were 2 yz250r's. And the one guys is kinda new at it. The other one has been racing for years. Nice try.

Quick Reply: Anyone ride Outlaw 525s?