Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailboss 250 hole in piston

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailboss 250 hole in piston

Run at least 1 tank of premix along with the injector oil. No I have not played with the timing, but have wondered about it. When I broke in my SIG machine, I ran it four 10 minutes and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then 20, then 30. Then ***** out If memory serves me. Here is the problem, how did you bore it without a piston? The shop needs to measure the new piston and the bore accordingly. You stated they bored it to.060 over and the piston is coming. Doc The air fuel mixture flows through the crankcase providing the lubrication.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:50 PM
Range Rover

Doc, The place I took my Cylinder to, only reworks engines. They know what they were doing! I told them that I was going to use a wisco piston. He stated he would have to look up the sizes. I do understand that someone could over bore it just a little and be out of spec. Any way I got my Pistion kit today and checked everything out, everything is within limits. (Ring end gap and Piston to cylinder clearance).

Per my manual it says to put the piston in so the arrow mark is toward the alternator side. While I can not do that it has to be forward or aft (intake or exhaust) because of where the arrow is in relationship to the pistion pin. So should the arrow go toward the intake or exhaust?

Thanks for the brake in information

Old 09-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

The arrow goes to the exhaust on every engine I have worked on.

About the piston. Like drlang said; you need the piston to bore it correctly. Anybody that says they can do it without it is pulling your crank.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Doctorturbo

The arrow goes to the exhaust on every engine I have worked on.

About the piston. Like drlang said; you need the piston to bore it correctly. Anybody that says they can do it without it is pulling your crank.</end quote></div>

yes the arrow does go to the front and thats what i was told that you ned piston for correct sizing to bore.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

First Thanks for everyone's reply's They have helped. This is my first 2 stroke that I have repaired, have done a few 4 stroke tare downs.
I was able to put it altogther yesterday but not able to fire it up, lack of time. Today it started right up, smoked a lot at first because of the crankcase being oil soaked, but drained. I had the hardest time to get it to idle. It took all day but it is very close now, it will die sometimes,(idle goes low). I ended up disconnecting the throttle safety switch because it was idling hi and the switch was causing it to cut out, found the throttle cable to tight and this helped to bring the idle down low enough that the safety switch is now back on and it idles.
Now I need to make sure it is not running lean. I currently have the adjustment screw out 1 turn as the manual states. With the running the extra oil (in gas first tank) the spark plug should be black right? Will I have to wait until it is without the extra oil to know if it is running lean?