Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2006 Sp 450.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

i think my buds b.force isthat way as well will keep fan on until it cools even w/ the switch off. your going to have to put a master switch in this after the battery to shut off all power to it lol. hopefully he gets you straighten out again w/ a new and better box.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

We4ll the second one look like a new and better box than the first one....................First one Made in China(factory one)
Second one made in the U.S.A............Larger and looked better built!!............I am off Monday and Tuesday............................So I need to call around and find one somewhere if he don't have one there..................................Caper...... .........

Old 09-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Well no recalls on the box.................Price $139.00 Canadian............Well same as the U.S. dollar right now!!!!........................I will pick up and install ECM #3 on Monday for my 2006 Polaris!!!........................................ ..............This may become a once a year thing for me!!!...LOL.................Caper................

Old 09-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Well at least you'll be up and running for next weekend

Old 09-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Yes........At least they (Rickward's) told me over the phone they have one, .....Until I get there and it's may be different.............LOL..........Just thinking about it though, This is number three.............I only had the Quad since last July!!!!..............I will be thinking of that BIG" muddin' sportsman of your's when I up in Mattawa........................................... .And when I at the Sports Bar having a "POP" and wings............I will think to myself what your missing...............LOL........LOL..........Take care I will let you guy's know Monday how the repairs go!!!!!...............Caper................

Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

well went to my local dealer and Paid $160.00 incl tax today for the ECM.........It is the same updated one that I replaced in the winter(Made in the U.S.A.)............While there so ask for my VIN#'s and sent them off to Polaris for warranty coverage............Came home and she called me back............Said take the old one back in the box and yes it will be covered.So now tomorrow I will get my $160.00 back.................

Note, after charging the battery back up and put in the quad today.........Fan is NOT running with the quad OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......So now what do I do???..............If it happened once it could happen again...................................So I going to put the new one in tomorrow morning and not chance leaving it in there..............Even though it seems fine now................

Scrammy I called Janssen"s this morning to ask if they had any ECM's in for my quad.............And they told me to take it in it may be covered..........Ask them why I needed to take it in.............They said we must have the quad for vin #'s and I asked what will it cost me if it is covered?......No answer, They needed to make sure it was the ECM....................................All dealers are different.......................Check around first!!!..............Caper............

Old 09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Ya if you get to know the guys at Janssen's pretty well there is no problem there. When I go in now to order stuff, I just walk around the counter and grab the computer LOL The parts guy is kinda new and the service guy has been in the shop since I started riding Polaris (so like 1997) and now he's doing the counter stuff. Both are pretty good. 9 times out of 10 when I had an issue under warrenty I did the work myself and they got paid for it but they know I'm a mechanic and I maintain my stuff pretty well. I would shop around a little more but they are just so close for me. I like a place where I can drive over to on my lunch. Well glad to hear that they covered it and you're up and running again.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Yes thanks............But the one in there now seems fixed!!......LOL....LOL........The fan worked like it should today!!!!................I don't think I will risk leaving it in there ........Now the I have a new one here to put in ..........................That's free!!!!!!!!!!.............Correct?.........Caper. ................

Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Ya if it acted up one time, it will for sure again. We need you up in Mattawa running mint!!!!!!!! Show all the other brands up there Polaris is the best.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Kearney has the first annual"COOLEST" Rally posted on the atv Ontario site for Oct.13/2007........

I have the woodspliter booked that week-end (rent-all)so you know what I will be doing that week-end............Before you say I am late for wood, Most will be split for burning the next two years!!...........Caper........................... ...........

Quick Reply: 2006 Sp 450.....