Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2006 Sp 450.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Well was outside today cutting wood..........And heard the fan running in my Sp 450 with the key out?.........What's with that?

Don,t anybody tell me it's the ECM "AGAIN"..............That's what I think!!!............Help!!!!..........Caper....... .........

Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Sounds like it to me buddy. Maybe swap out the wifes and see what happens

Old 09-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

wow, your going to be the emc king of replacements. is your bike or hers? you know makes me nerous now is mine (hers) isnt even in my main garage and couldnt here it from that far away if it did run. ours has about 500 miles on it. do waht scrammy said and swap them out again.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Well update.............Sent a e-mail to the dealer.........He didn't get back yet...

Before I swap the two(it was on my quad again Stendori),I went for a drive down our road, this was to get the engine HOT and see if the fan and "HOT" light comes on!...........Came back let the quad idle, Fan comes on and off like it should.......Parked the quad next to me outside(I was sitting out anyway nice night)........................And never did come back on with the quad shut off!!!!!!......................................... ..........This one is going to be a mystery , It might never happen again.

I will check tomorrow and see if the battery is not dead...............It's sitting in the garage overnight. This may be one of the reasons for the recall before,,Fire hazzard!!!.............Caper...............

Old 09-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

well..........just got the e-mail back from that "ONE OF A KIND DEALER OF MINE"...LOL....I just can't get over this guy e-mailing me back at night even on the week-ends, anyway enough about that. He told me to go ahead and swap the ecm' from my wife's to mine ,but don't leave mine in it will kill the battery!!...DUH!!

He is going to check both our Ser# for any recalls and get back to me!!............I got a feeling there will be none, But also have a feeling this will be mine third ECM on my 2006 Polaris SP 450!!!...........................................

Just turned over 1500 miles if anybody wants to know....................................Caper..... ..........

I will keep you posted.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Did u ever think about the wires? might have rubbed somewhere and your power is getting it from someplace else. It's happened on my truck before,wires twisted up to close and another one thats got constant power came together. does'nt have to be a power wire either if fans can reverse polarity.
Just a thought

Old 09-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Yes thought about that.......Thanks............But when I put the key in and turn it ahead..........(without starting ) the fan shut off......................The quad was parked there all day never moved to shift any wires ........Then about 5 pm I heard the fan running!!!.............I really can't see how the wires ,if shorted would have waited all day to start the fan...............I just waiting back to hear from my Dealer...........................Caper............ .......

But being a Electrician......I see weird stuff happen!!!!!........

Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

Tried the Quad this morning.............Dead Battery,............Put the quad away in the garage last night,.................Fan was not running.....................So the fan must have ran overnight sometime..........................Hey..Stendori this is my first chance to check the pull starter....LOL...............LOL.........
.................................................. Caper...............

Old 09-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

bet it worked pissah too didnt it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] just make sure you put it back nice and snug over the recoil opening to help keep it sealed. i would just pull out the emc, you already know thats whats doing it for sure. let us know brother what you find.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Default 2006 Sp 450.....

never did try to start with the pull starter..........................I did put the charger on 2 amp trickle and then the fan started running again!!!...................Without the key even in it!!............So I took the charger off...............It's sitting in the garage now with a dead battery until I get a ECM again.......................................I have a rally next Friday night and Sat all day that I booked since July......................I will need to call around and see if anybody has any in stock............................................. When my last on went...It took my dealer about 8 weeks to get one..................Caper...............

Quick Reply: 2006 Sp 450.....