Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

1st ever american built atv ever! pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st ever american billet atv ever! pics

well yes polaris nows it is and we restore all the parts we have them all we have it all some stuff we re billed some stuff engine runs so thats good and transmission needs some stuff but still

Old 10-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you say Polaris knows about it,,,,,or Polaris now owns it!!......Caper..............

Old 10-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

ya they no but not gona sell it to them

Old 10-14-2007, 03:48 AM
Range Rover

spell check???

Old 10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Easy. This is not spelling class.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st ever american built atv ever! pics

OK i did a redit on the 3 wheeler Suzuki was the company that made the first 3 wheeler and they where the first to offer IRS and the Diff Lock on the four wheeler were the first to pull their 3 wheelers from the market , along with Honda after the law suit's ; and they just pull them because of the Court decision's about the liability for so many injuries and death's atribited to the design of the three wheeler ! And i don't know about Polaris , but Suzuki didn't like to remember the Law Suit's and even the dealer's around where i live ; didn't like the idea of selling replacement parts for them ! The fear of some kid's parents filing suit again't them , and Suzuki i'm sure they didnt want to people getting hurtjust because the lost sales of the trikes ; so that is why they recalled them ! And i was told they sold some in Europe and Asia the rest were stripped of the engine's and part's that could be used on their 4 wheeler's and Motorcycle's , to get replaement parts from the local Honda Dealer in my home town who owned the First Honda Dealership for 42 yrs ; and he wouldn't even do a cross reverence on part's that were inerchangable to fit an atc's if you told him what you were putting the parts on ! And he was the tightest penny piincher of all the other Dealer's in Ga. and TN. , he didn't even want to look at a 3 wheeler ; the new Honda Dealer who bought out Red's Dealership i don't know what their policy is on the 3 wheeler's ! They are all younger guy's and they may sell part's for anything , and they will come down on the MSRP whitch the old man wouldn't come down a penny under MSRP ; he didn't care if he had wait 3 or 4 yrs. to sell anyting in stock for less than MSRP i read in the obituary colum in the home town news paper Geroge ' Red ' Lackey was 74 yrs. old He was the Owner of Lackey Marine Honda for 42 yrs. ! ................

Old 10-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Wow, and look how far they came. Something to be said! Hey ATME, thanks for sharing
the pics and story!

Does it still ride?

R'

Old 10-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

Why was that number a single 1? Shouldn't it be something like 000-001 or something?

Old 10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Just to simplify things.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Williebee

Don't know about polaris , but AC and Suzuki the innovator of the three wheeled wonder bike ; don't like to remember the Law Suit's and the Government banning sales in the US slutter at the thought of their first failure with the trikes ! And you have to trick the local Honda into getting part's for theirs , they don't even want to look at one ; sorry for the cold blanket to this thread but they lost a lot of money on them ! Now as for private collector's are a different story ! ................</end quote></div>

3 wheelers were not banned!!! they were deemed safe as any other offroad vehicle, but there were lawsuits. 3 wheel atv sales dried up with the release of 4 wheel atv's, who wanted to ride a tricycle? I believe Honda had the most popular atv Big Red.

Quick Reply: 1st ever american built atv ever! pics