Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

To all polaris riders.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all polaris riders.

I own a 03 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO and it has approx. 1700 miles. No problems yet and running strong. No EFI, just regular carb. Changed out altitude jet for elevation after I bought it and haven't had any problems.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Its sure funny that your old and you don't even get your machine dirty! Hey when you take that Polaris out of the garage and actually use it let me know OK?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Oh, so you do have doubts about your precious Polaris? I can tell you this its definitely not your ugly atv[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Did you do that incredible looking paint job all by yourself? and whats with the dorky fog lights? Are you 14 years old?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer

I use mine all the time.

Taking it to coral pink sand dunes this weekend. I am not sure who or what you are talking about.

nth

Old 10-31-2007, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

I am done with this guy.

nth

Old 10-31-2007, 01:03 AM
RIP Dear Friend

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 1deerenemy

Oh, so you do have doubts about your precious Polaris? I can tell you this its definitely not your ugly atv[IMG][/IMG] Did you do that incredible looking paint job all by yourself? and whats with the dorky fog lights? Are you 14 years old?</end quote></div>

Sorry, personal attacks just won't cut here so you have been marked as not active and you can write in for entry.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer

i 2 have owned a polaris. The first one I ever rode was an explorer 300biggest POS i have ever seen. the 2nd day of owning it the electrical systemshorted out causing me to loose all lights and AWD. Then my dad was rideing it around and the engine over heated and seaed up.
Then a sports man 500HO 2004.5 with an ECU? problem kept stateing that it was over heating and the fan would keep running. causing the ATV to not run propery and draining the battery.
Had an 05 500 HO that was having EMU probelms and bearing going out in the cam. Then the linkage broke in the shifting andwas unable to sitch gears.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:38 AM
Range Rover

My 3rd polaris now and have had no major problems. and any i have had have been fixed with no problems. polaris does not do the work on these machines who ever the mechanic is is the one who screws it for u. they call your warrenty company and tell them whats wrong and polaris says yes or no. I had a speedo that i broke by dropping something on it in garage and my mechanic got it fixed for free by polaris. I dont think ill ever go anywhere else for quads or sleds

Old 10-31-2007, 06:36 AM
jp1
Trailblazer

didnt mean to start a big fight. Im sure there are a lot of problems with other manufactures. people should do the same thing with them. But when you pay 7 or 8 thousand dollars for something it should run for more than 80 hours befor it breaks down. Their electrial componets just dont hold up. And they wont help you unless you bring it in so they can charge you 60$ an hour. Hope you continue to have good luck with your quad.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the sportsman's bike is one of the biggest selling bikes of al time w/ millions of them out there and theres going to be problems for sure. there is no such thing as a perfect bike no mater what anyone thinks as they are mechanial and wil and can break down at any time. i agree that the polaris customer service doesnt seem to be as good as it should be by no means. thats why i say it all depends on the dealer you have to get things taking care of for you. i've already dumped 1 dealer after giving them over $20,000 in bikes but screwed me in service work under warranty stuff and my new dealer sems to be able to help better. good luck to all and i agree w/ raptor on this no personal attacks should be given as were all just trying to pass some good info around on here to help.

Quick Reply: To all polaris riders.