Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

To all polaris riders.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 AM
jp1
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all polaris riders.

I think it's time we come together. Polaris needs to stand behind their product. A lot of people are having trouble . I have a 2004.5 700 efi. with about 80 hours on it. It hasn't been rode hard at all. It dies after about an hour. and it has a clunking noise in the drive train somewhere. After all the reading I have done on this site there are a lot of people who are haveing the same troubles. enough is enough!!!! Let's get together and see what we can get done.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

good luck in your conquest. the clunk most likely is the famous drive line back lash.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:41 AM
jp1
Trailblazer

Thanks. do you know if it is possable to put duels on a 04 700

Old 10-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i havent seen any but i dont know why you couldnt since its all basicly the same set up as my 800. just a guess.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
jp1
Trailblazer

is their any way to fix this problem or is that just the way it is.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

I'm the last one to bash a company, but that being said Polaris has a few problems that they do need to work out on most of their models. There are a lot of "common problems" especially involving the 4WD and drivelines. Now these machines do go out in the woods, get dirty, get beaten on, and still live tot ell about it, but that's what people spend the big money on. I've only owned Polaris' but this might be my last one. Too many issues for me.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer

Check the other forums, all manufacture have their problems. Start reading about the other manufactures problems, and yours might seem small. I know a lot of guys that have owned just about everything over the years, and swear by Polaris. My Yamaha was haunted. Problems would come, and go all the time. My 5 year old scrambler is running strong with nothing more than changing fluids on schedule. And I jump it, and ride her hard. Pushing her way more into the sport class than utility.

And like most things, you only hear about things that are not working properly. You don't see people posting "yeah, my Polaris works great". Or "yep my 4wd works very well". People source out forums when they have problems and are looking for help.

nth

Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jp1 I have had terrible service after the sale with Polaris! I had a 92 Polaris 350 4x4 liquid. This machine had many issues. 1. deep water killed the pvt clutch&machine would not move. 2. The R.front axle popped out...Polaris said a stick did it of all things and wouldn't cover it under warranty....Go figure. speedometer cable broke after a month. The reverse speed limiter malfunctioned while going foreward! That sucked because it was a long ride back to camp which was about 20 miles away at about 1.2mph do the math. I was so pissed off! I Disassembled the cowling in the woods found the RSL and cut the wires! Again Polaris said I got the switch wet and it was my fault! My battery got tangled in my rear tire and flung the thing in a mud hole due too a faulty bungee cord holding it in what is supposed to be a battery compartment. I'm glad all you Polaris people have perfect machines because I find it very hard to believe when all of the people I know are pissed off with Polaris. I hope to help some of you fine people out there. My intention isn't to bad mouth anyone or even the company, Just to save someone a bad headache!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

1deer- please tell us what is the perfect & best machine to buy to save us all the headache.

nth

Old 10-30-2007, 09:04 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Ideerenemy should just re read his own post and the problem with his Polaris becomes perfectly clear!!!!!

Quick Reply: To all polaris riders.