Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hand Guards & Man Cards

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hand Guards & Man Cards

The wife would like me to get the hand guards now that colder weather is settling upon us. Found some on E-Bay for around $40 delivered. I was just wondering if I have to turn in my Man-Card to put these on? Something tells me that this is kinda "not manly"?

Are they OK for the men to have?

Old 11-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Sounds like a good topic for the forum. You're a quad man if.... Personally, I think frostbite on the hands is more manly than sissy handguards. It helps the image if you are on a high speed trail on a nice November morning that is about 20 degrees without a face shield too. To further the image, if ice is not thick enough to hold your quad, go through multiple mud and water holes until the wet jeans freeze in place on your legs. Only then can you be considered a quad man... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] In reality it is better to keep various body parts from becoming icicles. I speak from experience on frozen beaver ponds when it is 15 degrees out. It gets old fast. I still won't buy one of those one piece suits the snowmobilers wear. I have my limits. Besides, with my size and weight, if I get in a one piece someone is going to hang a gondola from me, fill me with helium, and hover me over the nearest football game.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Trailblazer

If you're going for warmth, I'd consider a Simtek ATV winter pak from Cabela.com. Very adjustable heat range, easy to install and will keep your hands and thumb warm even if you're not going fast. A bit more expensive alternative, but not as noticable if you're "worried" about being manly.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hand guards are used by many racers , and have save my hands from being smashed in summer and I can wear lighter gloves during winter ,because of them they keep the direct wind off of them

Old 11-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

I have the hand guards on my quad, and I'm no fruitcake. I swear by them. I also put a thumb warmer on the throttle side. I ride on the lakes alot in the winter fishing and there is no way I could ride with out them. I am going to look into a detachable windshield.
Maybe not if i was 20 years old, I guess i'm in the old guy club.
Deerkiller

Old 11-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my hand guards they keep thorns and other debris off your hands.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:02 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

They make things to make you warmer in Winter when riding???

Another two months and I'll have to stop riding nude.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

I like
Mine

Old 11-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone have the Powermadd ones with the wrap around bar on a Sportsman....I'm thinking about getting those just wondering how they fit with all the other stuff on the bars?

John

Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set of Black one from Polaris for the wife's quad!!.........I did notice the right one was a different mount then the left..........If you have the winch in/out button........Will only the Polaris ones fit???

The kit I got had the longer bolts in it for this install !!!.......

Just though I would let you know.......The aftermarket ones may not fit as easy as the factory ones!!
................Caper...........

Quick Reply: Hand Guards & Man Cards