Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trail Blazer Brakes question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail Blazer Brakes question

I bled all the brake yesterday using a vaccum pump like i do on my cars, i wanted to get all the old fluid out so i added as i went. the rears were soft before i did this and are not realy soft anymore but i can stand on the pedal and the rears will not lock up while riding through the yard and i have to squeeze the lever super hard to get them to stop the rear. What am i doing wrong, do i need to get better pads not sure whats in there from the preveous owner but they have plenty of pad on them. i need these to work good cause this is my wifes 4 wheeler. so is there anything i can do to improve the rear brakes or make these work better.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

What are you working on? Try bleeding them backwards. From the caliper to the resivoir. Get an oil can break the bled screw and pump the fluid through that way. Seen it done already.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

dont know what yr yours is but on our 00' we had the rears never worked that great and the book said it was just a aux(backup) anyways. the rear master cyclinder really sucks on them. it might have the meltalic break pads on them instead of the soft ones that come stock(which wears out fast) which might make it harder. you got all the air out right? i noticed a big differnce on the older model breaks compared to the new for sure as they werent very good. i know when my back brakes stopped working on mine, i just set a heavy weight on the pedal overnight a couple of times and it brought the rear brakes back. they have very weak brakes.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's a 2002. I'll try to bleed backwards i never thought of that. What pads work the best i'm not concerned with replacing them once a year if i have too to get better brakes.
Thanks,Ken