Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Cost of a set of tracks

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cost of a set of tracks

so i have a friend that name is "sevie" huge pain in the butt. he is wanting a set of tracks (doesn't care which kind) and has he looking for a dealer and some pricing. today is the first day on the hunt and wanted to stop here first. but i have already been looking at the camoplast, mattracks, lightfoottracks. he is putting them on his 07 artic cat 500 and will be using to get in and out of camp in the fall and spring. his camp is 11 miles in the woods and the road gets really tuff to get in and out. locals have to ride sleds in the mud and water. i have even talked him into considering demo tracks. so any help anyone could offer would be apprecatied. thanks. dan

Old 11-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Try this website. Tracks This site lists all the major brands I know of. Basically, it will cost about $3000 give or take a couple hundred.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:29 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

I bought tracks from <u>www.atvtracks.net</u> and am really pleased with the service and product knowledge of Gary. He sells most of the major brands and will suggest the best product for your use.

Click on the camera and it shows my quad on original Tatous.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he is using them in the mud and dirt......Make sure you don't get the ones just for SNOW....They need lube to keep the sliders cool ,just like snowmobiles!!!!.....Caper..........

So tell your buddy it does matter which ones to get!!!!!

Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

You know I thought about buying a set, but for the $3000 I could buy a pretty nice used sled for the 3 or 4 months of possible riding I'll get. I think I'll just keep playing in the snow with just my tires for now. Or untill we start getting better winters

Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe when you get that Polaris RZR...the 800cc will force you to buy tracks.............................Scrammy.....Whe n your ready to buy!!!....LOL.....Caper.........

Old 11-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

The more I keep thinking about it........... The more the Ol' lady will wanna kill me LOL

Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

believe me i know that it does matter which set someone buys. this guy doesn't have the same rationalization that most people have. i do know that he will want a set that is heavy duty to deal with the mud and mostly sand. but the tracks will be used to get in and out of camp to get to town to pick up supplies. i know he would put the tracks on in the summer time when everything is dry and hard packed. thanks for you help. please keep it coming. dan

Old 11-09-2007, 10:05 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Thats what I say,also.

If you are running into mud and water than there can,t be enough snow to stop a 4wd ATV. If there is two much snow for a ATV than a good used sled is cheaper and more fun way to get around. New tracks for ATVs cost $3000 up here and I bought this 500 with reverse sled for $1500 and its cost less for insurance than a ATV.

Name:  500ski-doo.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  50.4 KB

Old 11-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

Just PM'd you.

My suggestion is Hitch-A-Track.
Ive seen these things and they do an amazing job. Couldn't get one stuck yet.
Your buddy will like the added carrying capacity to and from camp and the ease of converting back and forth too.

Cheers
&lt;CHRIS&gt;

Quick Reply: Cost of a set of tracks