Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007 | 06:34 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default HELP!!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>And they won't be happy untill car's and now atv's are going to tell when you need to take a leak </end quote></div>

LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL.

Old 11-25-2007 | 08:27 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Default HELP!!!

My buddy bought a new watch....................And I think it dies eberything but tell the time!!...LOL......................Caper..........

With the ECM's ......Polaris should have made each control device work on it's own, Now with everything in one Black Box............If one of the two circuit breakers faols in there the whole box needs to be replaced..................Even though 80% of the components in there will still work !!!...........

It is cheaper this way!!!........years ago you got a whole new light bulb and glass lens for your car/truck.........................Now you just buy a bulb!!!..........Price the headlight now and you better be sitting down!!!.........seal-beam..you got a new headlight every time!!!........

Old 11-25-2007 | 08:36 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"
Default HELP!!!

BINGO11

Old 11-25-2007 | 08:39 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Default HELP!!!

Sorry typo above ......Buddy bought a new watch and does everything BUT tell the time!!!.......Caper.......................LOL..... ...LOL............

Old 11-26-2007 | 05:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default HELP!!!

That's what i'm talking about caper and the rest of you guy's , all the big brands at one time had bullit proff quads that did the job ; without all the fancy LCD gauges !

But when buyer's began asking for new high tech devices , it started a war with all these high tech engineer's ; trying to make their Brand king of the hill !

Take Honda for just one example they were no nonsense , just a reliable quad that would take you just about anywhere ; and get you back to where you started !

Then when people wanted an automatic that even newbe's who had never ridden a quad before could now ride , instead of using a belt drive system like Polaris , Yamaha , Kawasaki , Suzuki and Arctic Cat were alreally using Honda deside's to use an electric motor to do the shifting with a push bottom to shift the gears ; and that's when the infamous angle sensor began to appear when the electronic's got wet begain to cause all kind's of trouble !

And i'm not forgetting the Honda AT that Honda revamped from an older design auto they had tried on their motorcycle's once , but rider's wouldn't buy because the bike rider's liked to control the clutch and shifting ; because for some it was as close to a sport's car they would ever come for the money !

And contrary to what most quad owners like my brother and other die hard Honda fan's thought , was that Honda had used a belt driven clutch when they came out with the Honda Oddessy ; it was a belt drive fully auto and worked great !

Only Honda didn't use the belt drive on their quads , like they did with the Oddessy ; the Oddessy's were built more like a rail buggy instead of the 4 wheel drive motorcycle / dirt bike atv !

I would be a liar if i didn't say that at one time i was one of those anti belt drive atv'ers , and that untill i had worked on and fixed a Polaris ; and had rode the one i fixed to see how good the belt drive system really worked !

And i bought a 2006 AC 400 FIS auto with the Suzuki 376cc Duramatic Belt driven clutch , and to tell the truth i didn't know that the AC had a Suzuki Engine with the Suzuki's Duramatic Belt Driven Clutch ; untill after i had bought the quad it wasn't untill i asked how tough the AC engine's were and i was told by the Dealer who i had known since the late 60's that she told me the 2006 AC 400 had a Suzuki Engine and Suzuki's Duramatic belt driven clutch !

And up untill then i had thought the belt drive's wouldn't hold up as well as the multi disc clutch on Hondas and the other Brand's that used this type systems , and i wouldn't even think about buying a Polaris or any brand atv ; that used the belt drive's on any quad !

And even after some freinds started riding Polaris and i saw how good the belt drive worked for them , and then after working on a 93' sportsman 500 for a friend who got drunk and backed his 500 into a cattle pond on his farm ; and left it in the pond over night that i found out how tuff the frame and engine's and belt drive's were !

It took over 6 months for me to get it going because he let 4 or 5 shade tree machanic's try to get it going , and it took 6 months for them to round up all the part's scattered all over the 4 or 5 shade tree's yard's ; to get all the part's together !

By that time David the owner had already bought a new SP 500 and he had paid me over $400.00 in cash and new and used part's for my 87'Chevy S10 longbed 2.8 Liter V6 EFI , and after getting it fixed i took it to his shop to drop it off ; he told me to keep the Polaris and the money so i could show my brother and a antbody else how tough the belt drive's on Polaris were !

So when we did get together for a ride in the mountain's the only thing i didn't like about it was the Engine braking or lack of it , but i kept it untill i bought the 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS Auto 4x4 ; and i offered it back to David but he said he didn't need it and he didn't like it as much as the new one either because he had to ride the brake's to much going down the mountain trails on the old 93' Polaris !

I would've kept it but i wanted a new atv , and the size and price on the AC 400 was in my range ; and i knew the Dealer from when she rode moto cross with all that added together and her promise to do any repairs under warrantee untill i got it payed off !

That clinched to deal because i won't have it paid off untill 2010 , and she got me financed at a fixed rate 5.8 % none of the other dealers came close to what she got for me financed ; but i wish intead all the fancy LCD pod was a good GPS !

But the the Arctic Cat 400 does have an anolog speedometer and tachomeiter , that i hope will still work if something in the pod goes out and it was such a good price ; but i'm with everbody that thinks they're going over board with all this high tech stuff that doesn't work if something in the LCD Pod fail's nothng else will work like it once did before the new Pod's were added to the atv !

It would be great if they offered both a basic model ; and for those who want the hi tech LCD Pod give it to them and offer me either a discount or a good GPS for my money ! .................

Old 11-26-2007 | 03:40 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default HELP!!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Take Honda for just one example they were no nonsense , just a reliable quad then people wanted an automatic ; so instead of using a belt drive system like Polaris , Yamaha , Kawasaki , Suzuki and Arctic Cat ! </end quote></div>

Actually I rode sleds so much I think CVT drive is much simpler to understand and work on that a constant mess 5 speed tranny.

Old 11-27-2007 | 12:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default HELP!!!

TLC i wouldn't go back to the shifting of gears again not since i've had my AC 400 Auto , you know i lost my legs just below the knee's in 1975 , so when i bought my first quad an 86' Honda TRX350 Foreman 4x4 i had to mount a hand shifter out of a part of old handle bar from a lawn mower ;even though it had the semi auto clutch i still had to hand shft the 5 speed gearbox ; and after a long day riding i was worn out !

But i can ride all day with the AC auto belt drive and i'm never in the wrong gear , the old Honda was a tuff machine and would go through brush and small tree's like a bull dozer ; but it rode like a tank so i wouldn't go back to gear shifting again !

Not after how the good the Cat ride's so smooth and no shfting , i can keep both hand's on the bar's and i can ride all day and i'm not half as tired with the auto ; i wouldn't go back to shifter again and i can ride through water that would sink a my old 93' Suzuki LTF4WD 300 KQ ; and the old Honda be up to the seat and the fuel tank is under the seat !

So i love the auto and wouldn't go back to gear shifting again ! ...........

Old 11-27-2007 | 02:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default HELP!!!

The Arctic Cat line up uses Suzuki AND Kawasaki engines. And now with the Thundercat, Arctic Cat engines. LOL!! Two of my riding buddies have Arctic Cats, and they have been just as reliable as my Sportsmans.

Old 11-27-2007 | 01:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default HELP!!!

Yes my 04 700 efi Is garbage too... I am looking to trade it now... I am done with polaris. My 97 sportsman was always broken too.... thats why i got this one.... Complete trash. I think Ill get a Bombardier, or an articat, maby even a kowi brute force.

Old 11-27-2007 | 05:33 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default HELP!!!

You are the only one that made any sense......I'm going to Honda or Kawi also.!!!!!
Both of the Polaris dealers in my area went out of business....