Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Clutch Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Kit

Will a clutch kit for my 07 800 make a big diff? I am running 25" mudlite xl's on the rear.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:47 PM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch Kit

Yep, i have HeelCliker clutch kits on my PoPo 700 & 800. Like the weights being adjustable. You can DIY very easily! Waiting on COBB and H/C for the new weight on my 08 . Polaris changed the primary clutch & weights on the 08 models 800...

Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Kit

Hey UTU, thanks for yhe quick reply, what tools are involved, I am not looking for top end as you can see, I stepped down to 25" rear tires, I also have the Stealth , I painted the Alum rims with flat black high temp stove paint and all my friend's think it looks bad ****, Thanks

Old 11-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Clutch Kit

why are putting a c.kit in the 800 when you step down the tire size. basicly the clutch kit will only help the engagement for bigger tire sizes.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:41 AM
UTU
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Kit

Normal hand tools sockets eyc. You do not need a puller for the primary when changing the weights. The instructions are fairy simple & straight forward. There are quite a few articles WORTH reading over at ATVQUADSQUAD in the HeelClicker section.

Stendori. clutch kits do help when going to the larger tires. The HC kit greatly increases the belt grab,shift-out,etc on our PoPos. Great improvement over stock. Ive raced mine over stock clutch PoPos and I always had to look back to see them![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I would not be w/o one.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Outback31

Hey UTU, thanks for yhe quick reply, what tools are involved, I am not looking for top end as you can see, I stepped down to 25" rear tires, I also have the Stealth , I painted the Alum rims with flat black high temp stove paint and all my friend's think it looks bad ****, Thanks</end quote></div>

Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Clutch Kit

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: UTU

Normal hand tools sockets eyc. You do not need a puller for the primary when changing the weights. The instructions are fairy simple & straight forward. There are quite a few articles WORTH reading over at ATVQUADSQUAD in the HeelClicker section.

Stendori. clutch kits do help when going to the larger tires. The HC kit greatly increases the belt grab,shift-out,etc on our PoPos. Great improvement over stock. Ive raced mine over stock clutch PoPos and I always had to look back to see them![img][/img]I would not be w/o one.

dude read his post, he's stepping down in tire size. thats why i asked why he needs a clutch kit. ive done testing w/ the h/c and a little on the dalton kit at rick ritters request on the 800 so i know why you would want to for sure on bigger tires(which i run w/ a dalton) but it makes no sence at all to run it on smaller tires. imo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hey UTU, thanks for yhe quick reply, what tools are involved, I am not looking for top end as you can see, I stepped down to 25" rear tires, I also have the Stealth , I painted the Alum rims with flat black high temp stove paint and all my friend's think it looks bad ****, Thanks</end quote></div></end quote></div>

Old 11-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Kit

That's why I asked the question, I am fairly new to the atv thing and was just wondering if I put a clutch kit on with smaller than stock tires would that help it to, say launch a little better. Am not worried about top end whatsoever. The reason I asked is because all of u are the experts and i am trying to gain a little more knowledge, I am not a mechanic, but do all of my own servicing, I just want to thank all of you for all of your help over the last year, I love this stuff.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Clutch Kit

What does a clutch kit really do? Like if I get a CDI with a higher rev limiter why do people say that you should get a clutch kit too?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
UTU
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Kit

Dude read his post???????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I read his post. The HC kit does help the stock primary with better belt grab shift-out etc,etc! Step UP or Step DOWN in tire size the stock primary in OUR PoPos have benefited from the clutch kits HC-Dalton or whatever.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: stendori

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: UTU

Stendori. clutch kits do help when going to the larger tires. The HC kit greatly increases the belt grab,shift-out,etc on our PoPos. Great improvement over stock. Ive raced mine over stock clutch PoPos and I always had to look back to see them![IMG][/IMG]I would not be w/o one.

dude read his post, he's stepping down in tire size. thats why i asked why he needs a clutch kit. ive done testing w/ the h/c and a little on the dalton kit at rick ritters request on the 800 so i know why you would want to for sure on bigger tires(which i run w/ a dalton) but it makes no sence at all to run it on smaller tires. imo.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif" border="0[/IMG]

Hey UTU, thanks for yhe quick reply, what tools are involved, I am not looking for top end as you can see, I stepped down to 25" rear tires, I also have the Stealth , I painted the Alum rims with flat black high temp stove paint and all my friend's think it looks bad ****, Thanks</end quote></div></end quote></div></end quote></div>

Old 12-01-2007, 12:30 AM
UTU
Pro Rider
Default Clutch Kit

WHEW? DUDE????????????

Quick Reply: Clutch Kit