Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Question i have been wondering?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question i have been wondering?

why does it seem like everyone hates polaris? is it just because its american made vs japanese or something?
every youtube video i have seen (not everyone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]) has been bashing polaris.

my friend has a 2000 sportsman 500 and the only things that have gone wrong with it was stupid stuff he did himself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

im not trying to start an argument just curious.

thanks for everyones opinion

Old 11-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

I have owned pretty much every brand weather its a motorcycle, dirtbike, quad, 4wheeler, dune buggy, ect....

I was pretty much set on the hondas 4 wheelers, kawaski dirtbikes, yamaha quads and buggys.

Over the last few years and riding with friends across the country polaris has taken my vote for 4 wheelers and for the buggys the razor takes the cake. As far as quads go I perfer the yamaha 700 raptor and the yz450. Kawa is still my favorite dirt bike for the price, except for the small ones, I recommend the honda 50 for little ones, ands if that little one can race go with the KTM.

Now the bad thing about Polaris, I finally went out and bought a new one. 1st week its in the shop. But when its running, boy is it sweet! Still the best bike I have ever owned or rode.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if its not what their driving it wont be good anyways.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't hate Polaris, I just like kawaski better my kawaski 220 will run all day long and then some, The only thing i don't like about the 220 or the 250 bayou is none of them can make a tight turn they like to push around the tight curves, Other then that i really like kawaski, But that is just my two cents on it.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Stendori hit the nail on the head! "If its not like mine, it's no good".

My 06 Polaris Hawkeye is one of the least troublesome toy that I have ever owned.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well my point of view is .........say....like in Nascar Jeff Gordon was the one to bash..........................................Comp are that to Polaris bashers.....

Now as long as people are talking about you (good or bad)........At least there talking about you!!!!!

So I think it all comes down to the more Quads that are being sold..........The more you will hear people put them down..........Do to the simple fact that if there are more on the trails........They there will be more to complain about!!!............Sure Polaris has problems..........I know first hand, But I sure if I bought another brand...........I may have had trouble also!!!..........My wife's never did have one single problem and there both the same (except color)..........So people will talk about any other brand which they don't own or ride .....IT"S HUMAN NATURE!!!!!!!!!.........POLARIS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL..... .LOL........Caper............................

Old 11-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

Yea i guess Caper and Stendori are right, if you dont have what i have youre wrong. im sure each brand has their own set of problems and each bike will have its own problems. Neither my 700 nor the 800 (though the 800 is only 2 weeks old) have given me any trouble.

its just like the chevy vs ford thing [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

i guess i mispoke, the only problem that either machine has given me (so far) is that they are loud, with the backlash and the plasitc parts. oh well, just have to ride it harder.

have a good one

Trending Topics

Old 11-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

It's the same thing here in New New Brunswick Canada, I would go on the trails and peaple say dont get a polaris there trouble but there driving another brand,then I would ask polaris owners and most would say there allright and very rarely bash other brands. I think this is what prompted me to try a polaris I want to see for myself.So far its great but its only a week old.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

I bought my new X2 and took my nieces son home as he went with me. Her husband asked what Kind I bought and when I said Polaris, he said oh man their junk. I bought it because a friend told me that is all he has ever owned and he had no problems with them.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

first of all what kind of person that you are "related" to just blatenly slams your new ride AND YOU like that? DISRESPECT!!!!!!!!! I would of said !$@# you and left. Relative or not. Who does he think he is? Why cant people just be happy for others and thier choices. I hate name bashers and have NO use for them. Just shut up with your opinions and let me own what I want to OWN. All rides are good and all rides are bad. Choose what you like and screw the rest. Theres a reason why they sell so many bikes - becuase they are good rides. Dont listen to anyone, ride it and enjoy it.

this subject IRRITATES the heck out of me. OK everyone.............ALL QUADS SUCK....ALL TRUCKS SUCK......ALL PLASMA TVS SUCK.....ALL MOTORCYCLES SUCKS..................ALL SNOW MACHINES SUCK.........ALL TOOLS SUCK (i used to buy craftsman, they always broke, i tried Snap On and THAT broke the first day!!!).............ALL SNOWPLOWS SUCKS...............ALL SPORTSCARS SUCKS.............EVEN MY FRICKIN HOUSE SUCKS......if there was a perfect maufacturer, dont you think we would all know about it when everyone else went out of business???

MORALE OF THE STORY..............BUY WHAT YOU WANT TO BUY UNLESS SOMEONE IS FOOTING THE BILL

I just bought a Spyder/BRP snowmobile helmet...........I havent used it yet but I am sure it sucks too.

Peeps just like to get all bundged up because you didnt get what THEY like..............screw em...........

did I say I hate this topic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Question i have been wondering?