Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

06 SP 700 EFI Glacier 2 and 60 inch Razor questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 SP 700 EFI Glacier 2 and 60 inch Razor questions

Gents,
First of all, since buying by quad about a year ago I have been reading your posts, and you make it extremely enjoyable to join the quad community. The discussions about brands/models, whose better, etc, is very entertaining and the online jabs are hysterical. I think, like most of you, that any 4 wheeler is awesome, and specific make, model and toys we choose just enhance the experience. Obviously, I have done more research since my purchase, and the SP 700 EFI just happens to be the best choice for me. Now, unfortunately with 3 beautiful but young kids at home, getting the hours on my favorite seat has been tough, but hopefully more snow in CT (we got our first dusting today, about 2inches so far) will get me more time on my bike.

So here goes some questions for you experts:
Glacier 2 set up with 60 inch Razor plow (bot cause of rec. I read here)

1. On the rzr blade, I can't find a stock rubber deflector for across the top. I have a long flat driveway, but expect a few 6-10 inch storms, and have read where the snow will come over the top, esp in the middle. What are u gents using? And are u using narrow steel or wood with drill outs to mount, or just rubber and bolts with washers?

2. heavy duty polaris springs, aftermarket, or the adjusters? To me, cause i don't know, the adjusters seem to provide a neat alternative to just swapping out the front springs. But is it just a cool looking gagdet, or do they really work? Also, if the answer is to just go with heavier springs, do the polaris ones work well, or just go HL or EDI?

3. on the blade, there is an adjustment so when u hit a pile, the blade will snap forward, instead of rider going over handlebars. How do u adjust that, and where u all keep it?

I am in southwestern CT, ie no where to ride. Reading all your posts and watching your videos crack me up. Makes not being able to ride it a few times a week more enjoyable.

Be good and enjoy your time on the seat!
TRS

Old 12-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

1. There is no factory option for a rubber over the top of the blade. I used a 6" wide piece of rubber and secured it with some 1" flat steel bar and bolted it thru the factory holes. It works GREAT for keep the snow from coming over the top.

2. I have EPI HD springs and 1" spacers for the springs and struts, with the HD Springs there is about 1/2" sag when I lift the blade and normal riding it doesn't feel as tippy going into a corner. They are the best money I ever spent.

3. Are you talking about the springs with the threaded eylets? I keep mine with as much tension as I can get on them so the blade will not flop as much.

Good luck with the plowing, I'm loving it

Old 12-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Scrammy,

thx for the info!

As far as the EPI HD springs, what does the 1inch spacer do? Is it needed?
What tools do i need? About 2hrs a side?

Also, on the side of the frame, below the eyelits, there are square adjusters on either side. They are odd, and I am not clear how they work, the directions only stated that u can adjust them and that effects how the plow releases forward.

be good and thx again!
TRS

Old 12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

You don't need the spacers, it's just for more lift [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You'll need a 25 Torx and a 13mm socket to get the rack off. Theres 8 Torx screws in total, 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top near the latch each side to get the rack off, and a 3/4" and 1/2"?? wrench to get the tops of the struts off the frame. Then using a floor jack lift the frame just high enough to get the struts out of the frame pockets. Just do one side at a time. Don't let the strut pull away from the frame too far or the axle could come apart. Then theres another 3/4" nut under the plastic cover and the spring will pull right off. Install your new spring and reassemble. The repeat for the other side. It's pretty easy. I've done 5 sets so far and I can do them in about 25 minutes total. Plan for more time for beer and smoke breaks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and the blocks you are talking about on the blade adjust the angle of the blade, not how easy/hard it will flop. Just make sure the blocks are the same side to side.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer

bluefin- I'm glad you did your research and discovered that the best machine is the one that works for you personally.

I've got the Glacier II setup w/ a straight 60" blade and I haven't put anything on the top yet as a deflector. I just finished plowing 4 driveways with it after our 10" snowfall. I didn't really think that I needed a deflector on the top with this much snow. It really didn't fly over the top as much as it does with less snow (can't go as fast). If I do put something on it'll be some type of rubber bolted with washers as our Canadian friend recommended.

I replaced my springs after the first week. I took a turn while on the brakes and thought I was going over.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I got the HL Heavy Duty Yellow springs from a local dealer and I really think it is the best money I've spent on my machine. It took me about an hour to change them out and I could probably do it now in half the time. I've heard good things about EPI HD springs also.

Here's how I did mine.

1. Remove the front box. 8 torx bolts and 4 self taping screws

2. Remove top nuts from shocks.

3. Remove (pay attention to the order of removal) spacers etc.

4. Jack up front end and remove "old" springs.

5. Put new ones on and put everything back together.

I didn't bother trying to compress the springs.

Also, I increased the tension on the back spings two turns.

On the blade springs, I've got mine set on the least tension and didn't have any problems with it flopping too much. Only when it was needed.

The only thing that I would recommend is to check that the blade is running on the round skids in stead of the blade itself. It doesn't need much, but it saves your grass and keeps it from catching every crack.

I've got 4 little ones so I know what you mean about the seat time.

Good luck - have fun.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Trailblazer

bluefin646 in regards to the rubber flap on the top of the plow I put one on my plow and really liked it. Do you have a TSC (tractor supply) or something similar in your area if so they sell rubber 4" belting that looks good and works well just pick up a few 1" bolts and washers and you will be all set.