Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front Diff Oil

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Diff Oil

This may turn out to be a trial and error job for them!!........I bet it will be there FIRST front Diff repair there on a 2007 quad!!.......How many 2007 FORD's front diff's have you worked on lately!!!..........See my point?..........hope everything works out good for you!!!!!.........Keep us posted.............Caper......

Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Diff Oil

Caper wanna hear the good part??? They already did 2 RZR front diffs for the same problem and guess what oil they put in them??? NOT the right stuff!!!! So it looks like they need to read these forums like we do!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Default Front Diff Oil

TWO!!!!........You think after the first one.....They would learn!!!........This will be three oil mistakes from there that we know of!!!..........Polaris is really to blame here not just all the dealers.......Caper..........

Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Kinda, the dealer has a piece of paper with all the differant oils for differant bikes, and the oils for my front diff list the wrong fluid, the right fluid and the Active decent fluid. It's up to the dealer to see if it has ADC or not and then pick the right oil. But the paper doesn't say to use DD LT in the diffs with ADC, it just lists 3 types of oil for that model. It was a little confusing even for me and I knew what I was looking for.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Default Front Diff Oil

Polaris also listed on the promo DVD for 2006 that the Sportsman 450 was H.O. LOL LOL ..........They are causing too much change within the same models!!!....They can't even keep track !!!!!.....Caper............

Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

I think that is the biggest problem, even the factorys can't keep up with whats going on. And you know the saying, **** runs downhill and the dealers are near the bottom [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>[i]Originally posted by: SCRAMMYTODD[
SCRAMMYTODD,
This has been fun for me too. I changeg my front fluid after 50 miles. What is the right oil??? The owners manual for my 800 deluxe calls for 2876251 Demand Drive Premium Fluid. Guess what. No such part number. The dealer told me the manuals are not always correct. Nice. So I am told to use 2871653 Premium Angle Drive Fluid. So that's what's in there for the last 550 miles with no issues. I do not plow snow. Just a flatlander trail rider. This has been a pain. Sorry to hear you are having these issues.
I wonder if I have the correct fluid.

Well heres the next chapter in my saga LOL I went to another dealer and got the right oil. I was talking to the parts guy there and they put the wrong oil in 2 differant bikes before they figured out it was the wrong fluid and both bikes needed new front diffs [IMG][/IMG] But I bought the oil anyways and flushed it out 6 times. I took it out for a test drive and still no 4wd. So tomorrow I'll be headed back to my dealer for a FREE front diff and a loaner bike so I can still plow. We'll see how that goes over. I also wouldn't mind a refund for the incorrect oil I bought as well as the correct oil I bought today. Personally I don't think I'm asking too much. I have been dealing there for 10 years and have dropped over $15,000 there just this year. I already know that calling Polaris is a waste of time, so I'm hoping on the dealer coming good for this. If not, theres gonna be **** to pay. I've brought 5 new customers to their door in the last year and I'm sure it won't take too much persuading to get them to follow me elsewhere. But hopefully it doesn't come to that. I'll be posting tommorow after I talk to them. Wish me luck!!</end quote></div>

Old 12-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

JAMPG Angle drive is NOT the correct oil. With your 07 it needs to be Demand Drive LT if it had Active Decent Control. The Angle drive fluid was for the old style bikes that engaged in the wheels, not the diff. Angle drive is the same as 80w90 gear oil.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Scrammytodd,
Do you have a part number?

Old 12-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Front Diff Oil

Polaris oil and lube
I do not see any Demand Drive LT Premium Fluid 2876251 8oz like my manual calls for.

I do see this: Pure Polaris Premium Demand-Drive Hub Fluid ensures a positive engagement and release of Polaris ATV demand-drive hubs. Part #2871654.
Is this for the hubs at the wheels?
I need a service manual. Dang nab it.

Like I said I have neither one of these fluids in my front gearcase.

Quick Reply: Front Diff Oil