Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Just wondering, am I the only Canadian here?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are to many to count. Do a search for "Canada riders" in the honda forum. The results are 4 pages long. Try our winter trails here in Quebec. They are groomed the same way snowmobile trails are and if you can imagine 13,000 kilometers of trails you just may lug your quads over here.

Old 01-12-2001, 10:37 AM
ox
Pro Rider

Who cares? I just ride, not fish. I was told by Willie up in Wawa that Anjigami had 16 inches of slush over Christmas. Didn't figure that was a good place to ride. We don't mind pulling them out of the snowbank, but trying to pull out a 700# sled while standing in/on the same slush, justs sounds a little nerve racking. LOL!

Old 01-12-2001, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

It felt like 1000lbs,700lbs for the sleds and 300lbs of frozen slush in the suspension.That hell hole will nerver see me again this winter.LOL

Old 01-12-2001, 08:13 PM
ox
Pro Rider

I've been going to Wawa now this makes my 5th winter. I was used to running through the back streets of town on the "ski-doo's". Just don't run down the center of town is all (Oh and wear a helmet! They sure are picky about that! Where do they think you are going on a snowmachine without a helmet? It's cold out there!). OK, not a problem.
Well 2 summers ago me and a bud were in town on our 4wheelers and needed to run up to the Canadian Tire. No sweat. We pulled into the back parking lot and then walked in. There were two guys out back by the door. When we got off our machines and walked in, the one guy looked at the other and said "well, it's Wawa". LOL!
I went back to the Bristol and asked them if it was OK to ride the wheelers in town. They said no, but we are working on it. Well, that 'splains that!
I understand the Soo isn't as accomidating. Many people there think that you got a city there or something. HA!
Hey, by the way, can you run your wheels under the highway on/in the new tunnel. I was told last week about where it was, but I couldn't find it from the truck. Isn't it 'sposed to be just south of the staging area by RPM? It must be north, because I didn't see anywhere south where it could be.
Can a person run there wheels around the north side {of town} enough to get to motels, restraunts, gas, on the ski-doo trail in the summer without getting in trouble?

Old 01-12-2001, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

As long as you have insurance one your atv no one can stop you from riding on the trails as long as it is on crown land which is what most of the trails are on, or as you would call it federal land.There is not even any need for a trail permit when the snow is gone.I was just wondering if you do not fish why would you drive all the way up to Wawa and not just find a motel in the Sault that has access to the trail systems?The trails here look the same as they do in Wawa,infact you could snowmachine out to Wawa from the Sault if you wanted to.

I forgot to mention that atvs can not go on the groomed trails until the sled season is closed which is about mid march.

Old 01-13-2001, 12:31 PM
ox
Pro Rider

No, I mean can we run in town on the north side to get to where we need?
We normally unload in Searchmont. This last trip me and DJ425 left home in the morn, drove 404 miles to Searchmont, unloaded, and rode to Halfway for the night. Got there around 8:15pm. Woke up the next morn (sept 24) and had .5 inch snow on wheels. But the black flies were still buzzing around a little! Those suckers sure are resiliant!
We did unload one time 4 years ago at Blueberry Hill and rode in to Searchmont, but we weren't all too impresed with this part. This was on sleds but whatever...
I think there will be a trail permit for the wheels within a few years at most. But this will be worth it. They should be putiing in some bridges over the rivers that we just ride over the ice in winter. Also they could cut around some of the swamps that they currently go over. Both of these issues will certainly help the sleds too. Man they swamp the groomers way too often in the swamps. How much can it cost (probebly just labor) to make a cut line AROUND the swamp. It takes a BUNCH of time and money to rig the groomers out of some of them holes!
This would be a win/win effort I think. I don't know that you will be getting too many more yanks in the winter than what you have now, other than low snowfall years down here. But the summer traffic I think you could gain.

Old 01-13-2001, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

No they would not let you have the run of the town on any end of the city for atvs.There is a better and closer place to unload from and that is at the Rod &Gun club which is 2miles east of the Trading Post store on HW 17 West, just ask anyone it,s easy to find.I went 50 miles and had to turn back for lack of gas from this spot and if you run into gravel roads it is ok to ride on them to find more trails.
Wawa started last year to catering to atvs. Wawa allows you the run of the town for gas stations,motels,and restaurants so you only have to park your truck once.They even rerouted the trails to go around lakes.

Old 01-13-2001, 07:21 PM
ox
Pro Rider

Big Red;

I'm heading your way if you get some snow. Actually Nippigon, Terrace Bay, Longlac. Just waiting for a dump of snow. Maybe we got it all here.
What do you mean trouble with the ski-doo trails? I take it that you want to run the trails on the wheels? Maybe if you buy the track kit and ski kit they will let you. LOL! Trouble is you got a Honda. Everybody knows that Honda never made a sled (yet). Now if you had a Bombardier, or polaris, Arctic Cat (get the lye soap for my mouth), or Yammi you could just claim thatit's a sled ~~~~~ sorta.
We may be looking for new areas to ride this next year. Let me or DJ425 know of any places to go. Can you tour at all in your area? You are probably twice as far to drive to for us, but don't count us out yet.

Old 01-14-2001, 11:19 AM
Range Rover

I live near Buffalo, New York so Canada
is only a short bridge trip for me. I've
got a 200+ year old painting of Niagara
Falls painted from Canada. If anyone wants
to see it I can E-mail it to you. It was
done around 1790, I'd love to ride up
north some time eh?

Old 01-16-2001, 10:29 PM
Range Rover

Snowride,

I did your So. Quebec trails this past weekend with a few other Vermonters. Cowansville to St. Alphonse to Bromont back to St. Alphonse and around to Cowansville again... Packed and groomed is damn near like riding on an air mattress.
Other times of the year you've got unbeatable mud!
Check out the pictures -
briefcase.yahoo.com/scavanau1
Shannon
'99 Sportsman 500
'01 Sportsman 90

Quick Reply: Just wondering, am I the only Canadian here?