Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

NEW 2009 SPORTSMAN ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008 | 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW 2009 SPORTSMAN ????

TLC you have a way of putting things into perspective... big girls need lovin too... the way i see it if she weighs that much whats an extra 100lbs??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2008 | 03:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

oh man lets not compare them two subjects lols. we'll have to wait and see what comes out.

Old 01-11-2008 | 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Well Rath racing is signed up with Polaris to race the Sportsman in the WSPA series in the quad terrain. So mayby there is something.

Old 01-11-2008 | 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GunnSmoke

i dont buy into the whole power steering.. whats next cruse control, air bags, anti-lock breaks... these are atv's, i want the bare minimal not all the bells and whistles... if you start adding all the extras your just have more to fix / maintain. do you want a workhorse or a overpriced quad with features you think are "neat" just my .02</end quote></div>

you're right,just your 2 cents

Old 01-11-2008 | 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GE4x4

Well Rath racing is signed up with Polaris to race the Sportsman in the WSPA series in the quad terrain. So mayby there is something.</end quote></div>
Its about time!!! I love watching that racing, but the saddest part about it was that Polaris was not in it. It will be great to see a Sportsman in it!

As far as power steering, I rode a Grizzly with it, and sure would appreciate it for snowplowing and certain types of riding. Being that it's electronic, seems like the best of both worlds would be to have it and also have the ability to switch it off if you wanted to.

Old 01-11-2008 | 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wayout

i dont buy into the whole power steering.. whats next cruse control, air bags, anti-lock breaks... these are atv's, i want the bare minimal not all the bells and whistles... if you start adding all the extras your just have more to fix / maintain. do you want a workhorse or a overpriced quad with features you think are "neat" just my .02</end quote></div>

you're right,just your 2 cents</end quote></div>

wow sorry buddy.... didnt mean to push your buttons....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2008 | 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

Power steering is something that sounds simply silly until you actually get some seat time on an ATV with it. I thought it was just a silly gimmick but then I got some seat time on a Grizzly that had it. After a while on the Grizzly it really sucked to get back on an ATV without power steering. A very worthwhile advance in the industry and I can't wait until Polaris adds it to their machines.

I'm hoping for a 800cc+ Sportsman (I'd prefer something in the 950-1000cc range) with A arm front suspension, disc brakes, EFI of course, the same great Polaris ride. Power steering is a must. I would like to see them restyled. The current Sportsman line is simply hideous.

Now, I'd buy one and overlook the styling but they're just as ugly as can be. Sort of like a rubbermaid trashcan melted onto the front end of the thing. It's like their styling engineer dropped dead before he got through and they just tacked on the front end as an afterthought and it doesn't match the rest of the bike. It isn't like Polaris can't build an attractive machine. Their sport models are sharp looking. The sportsman is just plain ugly. An outstanding machine but butt ugly.

Old 01-12-2008 | 04:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

I agree that the sportsman is not the best looking atv, but I love my 00 sportsman 500. They ride great and are pretty much trouble free. And power steering would be nice.

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

i lotve the looks - and as far as the tupperware box - its better than have a rack the mage out of chinsey bars welded together - try and put anything small on the rack and watch it fall to the ground. worse yet - try and put yer beer on it.

i love riding my "FAT AND UGLY OLE GIRL"

Old 01-12-2008 | 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wayout

you're right,just your 2 cents</end quote></div>

wow sorry buddy.... didnt mean to push your buttons....[img][/img]</end quote></div>

just don't let it happen again,lol

Quick Reply: NEW 2009 SPORTSMAN ????