Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you owners think of the 525 irs to replace the tired ds with

just owner please.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I love mine. Its a great quad. My buddy has a DS650 and he rode mine and wanted to trade it in for one for sure. Its an excellent all around quad. Dirt Wheels just did a shootout of the "s" versus the IRS and they said that at the end they were less inpressed with the s and more impressed with the IRS. Its a great all around sport quad. It does great in anything you throw at it, and the IRS is sooooo smooth.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Range Rover

what are the rear shocks

Old 01-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Range Rover

did they fix the seat latch and the air box

Old 01-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY 07 IRS I HAVE JUST INSTALLED THE FMF MEGABOMB W/ SLIP ON 4.1 A NEW FRT & REAR BUMPERS A SKID PLATE AND A JD JET KIT. AND WAITING FOR MY HOUR/TACH METER AND POWER FLOW AIR KIT FROM TWIN AIR. I RODE THIS QUAD THIS PAST FALL BONE STOCK AND WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE RIDE AND PERFORMANCE. (NOTHING IS EVER FAST ENOUGH ) I RIDE IN UPSTATE NY WITH A FEW GUYS EVERY WEEKEND AND LET ME SAY IT IS VERY SMOOTH ON ROUGH TERRAIN AND IT IS QUITE NICE NOT TO BOTTOM OUT ON WORN HILL CLIMBES AND TRAILS LIKE ALL THE STRAIGHT AXELS I MEET ON THE TRAILS. ALSO ON ANOTHER NOTE THIS THING IS NOT "TIPPY" AT ALL, IT IS SO SMOOTH ON JUMPS EVEN IF YOU HANG A LITTLE SQUIRRLY ON A JUMP YOUR IRS JUST SUCKS IT UP!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS QUAD. I WAS READING MY LATEST ISSUE OF ATV SPORT YESTERDAY AND IF YOU CAN JUSTIFY SPENDING ALMOST $10,000. ON A QUAD THEN DONT WASTE ANY TIME--GO RUN TO YOUR KTM DEALER! GOOD LUCK ON YOUR CHOICE AL

Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Range Rover

bump

Old 01-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

I LOVE mine. Built it for XC racing and it is great at that, but lately I've been spending tim MXing w/ it too and the guys at the track can't believe how well this thing does. Never ran MX in my life (and just started racing like 9 months ago on XC) so i went C-class my first time and totally walked them and most of the B-class as well. Not bad for the first time out, Hope to do a bit more this year and try to hit some MX races in my district. Will be hard tho w/ my busy XC schedule coming up... Anyway, the bike is fast, the suspension is top notch, and aftermarket support is getting stronger for it every day!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

I just got mine recently but every time I have rode it I was extreamly impressed. If you are thinking about getting the strait axle look into the KTM 525! It costs more then the polaris outlaw but the the quad is ready to race! You will not need to upgrade anything as they come with tons of upgraded equipment from KTM. I wanted the IRS so outlaw was the choice I made. Mine is the 08 with fox shocks.

Another thing to think about is that KTM will be making aftermarket items for this ktm525 engine as well as other manufactures. It would make sense to say they will make them so they fit the outlaw and the ktm quad.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Range Rover

what exhaust you all running. test rode it for 20 min. at a dealer. bottom end is wow.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

I own both I will be selling my DS at a loss

Quick Reply: what do you owners think of the 525 irs to replace the tired ds with