Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier II Plow setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier II Plow setup

My mounting plate bows downward under the ATV. Don't know if this is normal or not because I never looked underneath before! LOL!

I did tighten every bolt though. Seems like the Dealer didn't snug things-up enough OR the bolts loosened-up on their own.

I have plowed many storms and don't see anything pushing into the radiator screen like others have mentioned.

I do have to say that the Moose plow was the VERY beefiest plow I have ever owned. (Moose, Glacier1, Glacier2) If I am not mistaken I believe the Cycly Country plow is very closely designed to the Moose.

I am careful not to pound too hard on this G2 because I cannot afford a breakdown. If you guys need to move a pre-existing snowbank back..........use a snowblower! LOL!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

I an new to this forum but i see people are having the same issue with the glacier 2 plow bracket that i am. I bought a new polaris 500 and had the glacier 2 plow suystem installed. after 1 month of use the backet bent and pushed into the radiator. 240 dollars damage. i just got it back with all new parts and used it last night to push snow and it is bent already. i feel i am walking on needles now when i use this plow system. is there a better, stronger frame?

Old 01-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer

I have a glacier 1 system and it is great. Not sure what the difference is between that and the 2. I plowed snow/ice, dirt, stone, etc.... I just make sure I go over all of the bolts before/after each winter season...

flip

Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Even tho you guys all have sportsmans that you are talking about i have a 2002 scrambler with a plow. i have a cycle county or whatever it is and it works great reely strong iv spun thy quad allof the way areound and didn't break anything i had it for 3 years. and it is also a 2/4 and still does great but i have the shortest blade they make so it is a lil shorter fully angled but only buy an inch. i was affraid that if i got a larger one the 2/4 wouldn't be able to push it.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer

I HAVE 00 SCRAMBLER WITH CYCLE COUNTRY SET UP AND 1 WEEK OLD 500 X2 W THE GLACIER 2 SETUP. NOT TO IMPRESSED WITH G-2 ALTHOUGH EASY TO REMOVE AND INSTALL MADE A LITTLE 2 EASY TO REMOVE AS I BLEW IT OFF 5 TIME FRI.MORNING PLOWING WITH IT HITTING SIDEWALK CRACKS AND NOT GOING VERY FAST EITHER.TRYING TO TAKE IT EASY ON THE NEW TOY. I SUSPECT THAT A PUSH TUBE SETUP LIKE THE SCRAMMBLER IS COMING FOR IT SOON THEN THE ONLY THING COMING OFF WILL BE ME OVER THE BARS

Old 02-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

i feel the same i love my push tube setup on my scambler

Old 02-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've got an 08 800 with the G-2 setup. It works well, but I've lost both 1/4" self-tapping mounting screws on the plow mount twice now in two months. The first time I thought the dealer forgot to put them back in after a service and I replaced them myself. This time they've simply come out again and I know they were torqued down. I'm going to give the self-tappers one more try but if it happens again I'll be drilling out the holes and using nuts and bolts. Anyone else run into this?

Old 02-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

drill them and get it over with. i ended up drilling the front of the lower plate directly to the frame to help add strength. every since i added some square steel stock to the lower plate i haven't had any troubles with the gII yet.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone have a picture of where the springs from the mount plate attach to the actual plow. I think that I have it all completed except for that last step. I have the G2 with a 48 inch plow.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 48" swisher blade on my suzuki 500. It was very heavy, built like a truck plow! The attachement system bolted to both the front and rear. It was stout, to say the least. However, no near as nice as my 60" glacier! It attaches so easily and the bracket is up and out of the way if I just want to go ride! However, like pretty much everyone else, I have noticed the bracket has bent from "abuse". It is the weak link in the system. I will beef it up this summer. I just hope that doesn't cause more problems later like a bent frame! I agree with Brainerdian...use the power, not speed! It will save you some damage!

Quick Reply: Glacier II Plow setup