Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier II Plow setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier II Plow setup

Installed my Glacier II plow system yesterday. Man this is a nice setup! Quick installation, good clearances.

I installed the whole thing in about an hour. The only hard part was one of the Brackets was a little tight so I need to spread it open for the springs to close the clamp.

It would had been even nicer if that whole assembly came together, but it wasn't that bad.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

I'm really loving mine. After using my buddy's bike with an Eagle plow for a while I like the G2 even more.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

Weber you'll love the new setup! The only "weakness" I've come across is off center hardpack. If you plow up some really tough spots (snow that's been driven over) try to do it straight on with the center of the blade as opposed to the outer edge. I've found going slow using the power of the machine works better than getting a head of steam and trying to blast it out. The mounting plate can bend if you don't. Don't get me wrong, it'll take a LOT of abuse, but this is the weakest point.

I had my blade on a couple of weeks ago while doing some trail riding. I had raised the blade too far and broken off the safety latch on the winch hook. Going over a small mogul the blade jumped off the hook and stopped me cold. Luckily I was only going 5 mph, but the blade caught the right side and slightly bent the mounting plate and curled the blade over on the top corner. Everything still works just fine after replacing the safety latch.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Trailblazer

second snow and was doing some plowing. needed to move some of the old snow and was a little frozen and tried to take out some with the left side of the blade and bent the $&% out of the brcket that bolts to the underside. had to remove it and straighten it and added some steel to stiffen it up. great set up just a little on the weak side.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

i have a 60" cycle country and it is the farthest thing from weak..i have beat the heck out of it for 2 years now and no issues but scratched paint

Old 01-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

i too have the glacier 11 plow, and the bottom plate is bent on my 07 ploaris x2 800
after look at teh front skid plate i notice the top of the skid plate is bent in to my radiator, far enough to bend the bottom fins on the radiatior
so is the bottom plate is bent on your quad you might take off your grate and radiator screen to see if yours is bent..
ive only used my plow 2 times and for about a 3 hours

2007 polais x2 800 deluxe black and silver
brush guard ( thats how i seen the front rock guard is bent in to the radiator)

Old 01-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

yah mine also bent towards the rad. but not quite as bad as yours sounds. p ed me off. added some half1/2" x 1/2 inch sq stock from the front of the bracket to the rear bolt, haven't got to use it though, but it makes me wonder.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just wondering how the 60" straight plow blade works for you?

Recently purchased a Sportsman 500 with the Glacier II setup. The dealer was out of 60" plows, so they temporarily outfitted me with the 50" County Blade (Wider on one end). This plow worked well, especially with deep snow.

I will be exchanging the county blade for the 60" plow, but I like the way this county blade pushes the snow. My dealer tells me that they mostly sell the 60", as you can use it for dirt, gravel, and snow.

What is the height of 60" plow. Does it throw the snow off to the side "OK" with the plow angled?

My driveway is 180' long, and with the county blade< I can just push it all to one side, the whole length of the driveway with no problem.

I'm not sure that I want to part with this blade just yet.

Any feedback you can provide me with will be helpful!

Thanks!

Todd

Old 01-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

i would say the plow is 12 inches or so tall. i haven't gotten to plow much yet but with what i have, i would safely say the 60" will be able to plow as well as the county plow. the only time i could see the county being more benificial would be in real deep snow. but with the 60" angled all the way it is still much wider than the quad.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Trailblazer

The first time I plowed with the 60" blade was in 10" of snow. It worked great!

Quick Reply: Glacier II Plow setup