Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stolen Polaris

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stolen Polaris

That Sucks!! I live in SW Va. near the I-81. Do you know what color the trailer is and what length? I am around the interstate all day, if they come north maybe I'll see something.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen Polaris

If they are pro they case the place for weeks until the conditions are just right. At work we had 3 JLG lifts taken in one night. The job was in a nieghborhood and the gates to the site were locked. They had to have at the least a special flatbed trailer to get the lifts out of the building and then drive away and no one saw anything. We still have no idea how they got them out of the building.

Before I bought the three outlaws for christmass I redid my garage and put in a security system and all the locks are kryptonite locks. The gate to get to the garage is also looped through with a schlag cable and lock. Inside the garage all quads have 2 cables through the frames and are all locked to the antitheft hook anchored to the concrete floor. I know this is a bit much but I have seen the results of having no security system and a simple locked door on a garage.

Atleast the dealer should have insurance for this, unlike many consumers.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Stolen Polaris

I just picked up a brochure on the Lo-Jack for motorcycles ~ do you think it would work for the ATVs?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default Stolen Polaris

had a friend purchase a stolen atv, he did not know at the time, but when he went to get a atv off road sticker they found it had been reported stolen, the seller was busted and the atv returned to the owner. Some how my friend did got some of his monies back. I hope they catch the those guys . The stuff is most likey headed out of country.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Range Rover
Default Stolen Polaris

man you guys i hate to hear that stuff. where i live, almost everyone owns an atv of cycle. our crime rate my neck of the woods is pretty low, mostly just the local drunks getting in all the trouble. i can go on a week long vacation and leave my sportsman setting in my front yard with the key in and and i know it will be ther when i gat back. mine stay in the backyard with the key in it and never had any problems. ...................shea....................

Old 01-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default Stolen Polaris

Greg, I think the news said it was a dark colored truck, maybe maroon and a white 24' enclosed trailer.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default Stolen Polaris

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: deanz400

start with the local police they should haave astate wide system to check the #</end quote></div>

Yeah this would be a good place to start, the police of sheriff's office can check the VIN through NCIC, this is the database where all stolen property is entered. As soon as the VIN is checked it will show up if it stolen or not, it might be hard to get your hands on the VIN if someone shady is selling the rig though. I think most of us would see a red flag if someone is selling a new quad seat Ranger for $2000.00, the problem is that these rigs will be sold to other shady people that dont care if it is hot or not. They could be parted out and sold on Ebay, who knows.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Stolen Polaris

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SpudRacer

I know that dealership well, Jesse is a really nice guy. I bought over $1000 of accessories for my new 08 Sportsman from him.

I know I'll keep MY eyes open...

Tom

Bryson City, NC</end quote></div>

Yeah I know Jesse is a good fella, I bought a 450 and a 700 Sportsman from him last year, he is good to deal with. It just bums you out to see good people getting the shaft, I just hope he has good insurance so that he does not have to go out of business.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Range Rover
Default Stolen Polaris

wayne- you must have or may still be a jailer, dispatcher, or police officer. not may people know what the ncic system is. im a former police office myself..............shea............

Old 01-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stolen Polaris

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SpudRacer

This is why I don't keep my ATV in the garage, it stays locked in my basement when not in use. I live in Bryson City (western NC).

Bummer.

Tom

Bryson CIty, NC</end quote></div>

You beter check you home insurance papers.........having anything with fuel inside the home may lead to no coverage should something happen......Ex fire from faulty wiring........Then they find the Wheeler in there..........May be a issue..........I know it would here with my policy.....Just though I would let you know.........That's if you even have home insurance!!.......If not then no need to worry!!!!...........Caper.........

Quick Reply: Stolen Polaris