Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

oh yeah maintenence. Paid $100 for clutchwork and valve cover tightening (winch they said they wouldnt charge for cause they had to do the ECM module anyhow)

So $100 for ECM replacement, clutchwork and valve cover tighten. Went on my trip, had a blast - only problem was at one time I had no lights on my speedo but that started working again.

I will be doing my own maintenance at home.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

The knock-off winches have about a 75% return rate, so you get what you pay for. Inferior products from inferior imports. With the USA importing so much CRAP these days, we with be a third world country one day!

Old 02-16-2008, 12:15 AM
UTU
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polaris -Warn---Warn-polaris Beats me??? I have both on my 2004.5 & 2008 PoPo and no complaints! Also have a warn on a 2000 honda and still going on & on & on! BUT!!!! Put a VIPER 3000 winch on the 2004.5 and it seems like a real good/strong winch with a year warranty! (my son thought he could pull out after stuck from the winch cable with a 4x4 truck/4wheelers does not work) (:<

Old 02-16-2008, 07:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

I did the same thing when i bought my sportsman i thought I was getting a warn winch branded with polaris logo, it was from China. Got about 17 hours of plowing with it and the gears went out. Lucky for me it had a year warranty and the dealer gave me another one. When it goes out I think I'll get a Warn. It would probably last alot longer if you didn't use it for plowing. I took the replacement apart before use and greased it really good hoping it will help. I may even have an extra set of instructions, let me know and I'll try and locate them.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Elimin8r

Thanks for all the replies. I will end up buying it and keeping my fingers crossed. It doesnt come with manual or instructions, anyone have any idea where I could find some BASIC instructions? brutus450, I thought I read on a nother thread that you bought one of these, but I only see WARN's on your pic page? Did you install the one you bought, did you return it, sell it? If you kept it hows it working so far.</end quote></div>

No, I got scammed on the Polaris one I bought from ebay. the guy never mailed it after MANY promises - 3 months later paypal gave me my money back. Then I bought a warn.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

75% return rate?!? As the CEO of Moto-Alliance (we sell the VIPER line of winches) I can assure you we have NOTHING close to a 75% return rate. In fact, we have at least 96%+ success rate in gears, motor, etc. We have been selling thousands of these winches over the past six months and people are thrilled with the product.

In fact, our sales have nearly quadrupled in February compared to last year. If we were selling crap, there is no way we would still be out there. Word-of-mouth in the ATV world is critical....everyone sees your product....and people have liked what they've seen from VIPER. You can read about our product in many forums.

We know we have to provide top quality in order to overcome the skepticism of a lesser-known brand....though we are not much of an "off-brand" anymore as we have gone mainstream with a wide variety of ATV products....most of which we produce in good 'ol USA. We plan on being here for 50 years to come.

Take care and feel free to contact us with any questions.

Peter / CEO
MotoAlliance
www.motoalliance.com
1-866-527-7637

Old 02-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

i love my gorrila i said my electic thing didn'y work to teh guy on ebay and he sent mea new one with a remote and a handlebar switch for free no questions and it just turned out that i missed a wire when wiring it. never had a prob but seen people with wars have problems i think they are all teh same you are just paying for that sticker and the reputation or warn.