Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Could some one help me ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2001, 11:07 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 500 scrambler and I just put bearclaws on the back 22-12-10 (stock size)
Now I want to put bearclaws on the front but closest size i can find is 23-8-11 the stock size is 23-7-10 now can I put an 11 inch rim on my bike in the front if so where can I get it polarise only has a 10' and 12' rim so is the bot pattern comparable to a honda 11' rim. or am I screwed please help me guy's

Old 01-16-2001, 03:14 PM
Range Rover

Somebody must know something
Any thoughts would be great

Old 01-16-2001, 04:24 PM
Range Rover

Check out Rockymountainatv.com. I noticed that they have 11x7 steel and aluminum wheels. Is your sc500 a 4x4. If so, you better go with the stock diameter or you will tear up the gearbox or something. I am not affiliated with Rocky Mountain ATV in any way.

Old 01-17-2001, 07:25 AM
Range Rover

How could it tear up the gearbox all I want to do is go a one inch bigger rim the tire will remain a stock size well except 1 inch wider 23-8-11 instead of 23-7-10 I just need to know if anyone makes and 11 inch rim with the same bolt pattern as polarise. or if a 11 inch rim off a honda will fit.
I need my bearclaws in the front
I got them in back and all ready notice a diffrence where I got stuck before now becomes a routine drive. The stock tires I find are too narrow in the front widder would help the flotation on the snow and right now there is all kinds.

Old 01-17-2001, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider

Millenium
Take a look at my picture`s I have exactly the same set up on my Scram. The wheels are stock width and off sets only 11" instead of 10" over all diameter is the same. No problems with it. HTH

98 Scrambler 500
00 Trailblazer 250
See my pic`s at http://www.picturetrail.com/riskracing

Old 01-17-2001, 12:17 PM
Range Rover

Yeah that's it
That is what I want Nice Pic's !!!!!
So the rims you have have the same bolt pattern as the polaris (Douglas 190) I do not know if I can get them here what was the price if you do not mind me asking. If I can not do you know what other rims will fit that are 11 inch ?

By the way I like the looks of your ride those bearclaws on the front are exactly what I want they look a tad wider and that is what i am lookin for they must be alot better than the stock setup how does it handle ????

Old 01-17-2001, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Millenium
I ordered all 4 wheels and tires from Chaparral for a little over $400 (US) iincluding shipping. Just the fronts were around $220.

If you look at a Chaparral ad in the back of a DirtWheels Mag. they list the BearClaws as a kit on aluminum wheels thats what I got. They ask what brand of atv they are going on thats it nothin special. I told them I wanted stock Polaris widths and off sets, they drill them to the correct bolt pattern. There`s nothing special about them to make them cost more. It may take a little longer to get them because their not in stock, which my did.

The handling and traction is greatly improved as you would guess. 2 things that I noticed with the front BearClaws were the front tread is not as deep as the rear 5/8 vs 7/8 for some reason and they are slightly taller than the Titans . Not enough so it hurts anything but when in AWD the front kicks in instantly where as with the Titans there was a slight lag. HTH

98 Scrambler 500
00 Trailblazer 250
See my pic`s at http://www.picturetrail.com/riskracing

Old 01-17-2001, 01:26 PM
Range Rover

You can use an elevel inch wheel but I would stay with the sme tire diameter. The bolt pattern is 4x156. Also stay with tire width a little wider than the wheel ie; 8" tire with 7" wheel. I have to replace both front wheel because of dents at the bead. If you look at the tire it is almost even with the outside of the wheel. Any rocks will dent the aluminum wheels real easy. Check with JL Products I got tires and wheels for a friends Sportsman there and they were easy to deal with and concerned that I was ordering the right parts. Hope this helps.