Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I'm new, i have some questions about outlaws

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new, i have some questions about outlaws

Hey everyone, i was looking up outlaws and ended up here, and you all seem like good people, so I have some questions, first off, which would you reccomend for trail riding, sand pit riding, maybe the track, i would be putting some money into it, like 2 grand max right off the bat, it's between the 450mxr and the 525S, and then does anyone make suspension for the 525S yet? thats one mod i would do to that if i got it, and are the parts interchangable, say a predators parts with the outlaws? and arent all outlaws the same, like parts that will fit them, like bumpers, nerfbars, maybe not swingarm skids and stuff, but you know, and how are these quads overall? i like the looks and all, OH and can you guys shoot me into a direction where they have alot of parts for these? i know alot of websites but still its help.....alright, thank you everyone

Old 03-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

If you are going mostly trails, get the 525 with IRS!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah see, i dont like the looks or the IRS, i think it looks cheesy and stuffed in there, it takes up too much of the rear, i hear its durable, but i dont like it....

Old 03-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I'D AGREE W/ EDKATT GO W/THE 525 W/IRS. SEEMS LIKE A GOOD SETEUP FOR TRAIL RIDING THOE I DONT KNOW OF ANYBODY MAKING ACCESSORIES FOR IT YET.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah see, its been out for a while and i can find parts for the IRS version, but its just not my style, idk why but i just dont like it...lol, i'd be getting right off the bat.....full skids, bumper/grab bar, killswitch and bars, nerfs with heel plates, full exhaust, jetting, intake, h-bomb graphics, acerbis or powermadd handguards, a bar riser kit, and a whole new set of gear, it would be like 1500 right there, but if i bought the 525S i would have to add front shocks to that, i like the idea of all of that adjustment that the 450mxr comes stock with.... can i buy piggyback fox's? so then i would get shocks and tires and wheels eventually....thanks again

Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah see, its been out for a while and i can find parts for the IRS version, but its just not my style, idk why but i just dont like it...lol, i'd be getting right off the bat.....full skids, bumper/grab bar, killswitch and bars, nerfs with heel plates, full exhaust, jetting, intake, h-bomb graphics, acerbis or powermadd handguards, a bar riser kit, and a whole new set of gear, it would be like 1500 right there, but if i bought the 525S i would have to add front shocks to that, i like the idea of all of that adjustment that the 450mxr comes stock with.... can i buy piggyback fox's? so then i would get shocks and tires and wheels eventually....thanks again

Old 03-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

You can buy piggybacks for the foxs. Also, the front ends on the outlaws will mount any shocks that worked on the predators, so you can find a set of piggybacks off of an '05 or '06 TLD on Ebay and you'll be good to go. also, lots of companies build shocks for them anyway, even if they don't list them on their sites. Works, PEP, Ohlins, and Fox Floats Evols just to name a few. Good luck.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard nothing but good things about the IRS. About it looking cheesy and junked up if it works whats the problem I'd trade looks for performance any day. Its not that bad and I imagine after your first woods ride it wouldnt bother you anymore. Dont get me wrong I want my bikes to look good too but performance is at the top of the priority list.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

I have been in the same boat(looking for parts). What I found out is if you call they will set you up. Most name brands that don't have parts for them yet are working on them and they will be here soon. Looking online and talking to people I found everything I would want avail. now. Many sites still have the pred. listed but have parts for the outlaw 500 and 525(web updates are behind on most sites).

Not all parts are interchangable. Most but a few items have diff. numbers for IRS and S models. A phone call is what I found to be the best solution and everyone I called or emailed was more than happy to help with info and suggestions.

I know what you mean about the way the S looks compared to the IRS, I was so close to getting the S. My other quad is a scrambler and it rides like a dream on the trails and I wanted to keep the same smooth ride with a more sporty quad and I am glad I went with the IRS. The IRS is exactly what I needed. Now that I have had it for a couple of months I love the way it looks. I feel its the best all around quad you can buy at this time.

Hope this helps!

Old 03-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

rath racing is working on aftermarket parts for the outlaws, they signed a contract with polaris and they will be racing the 450 mxr. right now for the 450, they have a front bumper, rear grab bar, extended a arm kits, and nerf bars. FYI nerf bars from polaris for the predator are the same kit as the outlaw, just a different mounting bracket. FMF is the only company i know off hand that has a full exhaust set up for them right now.

Quick Reply: I'm new, i have some questions about outlaws