Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

First Time Poster- Long time Reader

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2001, 01:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings all. I finally registered so I could take part in the discussion here. I am new to ATVing (got my Scrambler 6 months ago). This forum has been invaluable to my ATV education. Without this site I would have gone out riding the creek the first time and soaked my belt while bellowing out the virtues of the Scrambler 500 transmission. I would especially like to thank the person (whoever you are???) who showed me how to snorkel my beltbox using the Mighty Flow Air Filter. I have made a few converts on the creek to Polaris as many riders out here tend to think that Polaris ATVs dissolve when they come in contact with water. We have a group of riders around here that are collectively known as the "Honda Bunch" for obvious reasons. They all have their bikes snorkeled and I have endured quite a bit of good-natured ribbing over my choice of bike.....oh who am I kidding....they can't stand Polaris bikes. To each his own I suppose. They seem to have fun and that is what it is all about.
I can't believe it took me so long to find this sport. I have a great riding area 5 minutes from my house...lots of tight technical woods trails...water crossings....sandy beaches to open the bike up. In summer, 4 words say it all "Bikini Babes on Bikes"! What a concept!

[caution: writers embellishment, while bikinis have been sighted on the creek, they generally have a chaperone. Nor do they fling off their tops and dance like they are in a beer commercial as all of us slap high fives and admire our massive pectoral muscles. [ATVBBS] *chuckle*

Anyhoo, all hail ATVing!

Old 01-16-2001, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

MrMan
Welcome aboard!!!
Glad to hear your enjoying your Scrambler and the forum. If all your posts are as entertaining as the first I will belooking forward to reading more from you.

If your choice in brand name for an atv attracks more bikini clad women than other brands be sure and let us know.
Good Luck

98 Scrambler 500
00 Trailblazer 250
See my pic`s at http://www.picturetrail.com/riskracing

Old 01-16-2001, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

MrMan

Welcome to the forum. As you have probably seen, there is a lot of good info in here, as well as a lot of entertaining bull. Be sure to post some pictures of those bikini clad women on your scrambler We will be sure to focus on the scrambler only

Old 01-16-2001, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome, this forum is awsome isn't it! Were I live there also is a honda crew that I have to deal with. I have a 1996 scrambler and am buying a new scrambler 500 in the next month or so. They like to make fun of me and my polaris buddies, but the last laugh is on them. They have 250r's, 400 ex's, and seem to beat me and others when it comes to mx tracks and stuff, but as soon as we hit the mud or snow they suck.

Just a few days ago we went to this area that has lot's of hills covered in snow. The honda's were so pethetic and couldn't do anything. It was real funny.
The other honda guys I quad with have foremans and rancher's also. They got stuck so much it wasn' even funny. Their ground clearance must be the problem or something.

I'm not slicing honda or anything, it's just that the honda quys I quad with are like prejudice to polaris or something and it get's so anoying.

If your ever having a problem with them, just remember you know "THE WAY OUT". If you don't know, thats the polaris slogen thing.