Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATTN HINDS MOTOR SPORTS! BAD BUSINESS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008 | 05:26 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default ATTN HINDS MOTOR SPORTS! BAD BUSINESS!

Finally got a good number for Polaris today that the dealers use and called them. I was told they are going to send it to the resolution center and they will be contacting hinds to see WHY Hinds did NOT call them on this situation because if there is a problem the dealers cannot fix which Hinds could not (morons) they are to call Polaris to get the matter resolved ASAP. They were not happy Hinds was trying to talk me into a Brute Force or a Grizz at all let me tell ya nor where they not happy that the Hinds made no attempt to fix the problem.

Old 03-13-2008 | 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RickCJ7

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Ridemhard

They know that there is problems with their equipment. They know that the gas tank gage on my 2005 Sportsman is faulty. They knew that the plastic CV boot guards on my atv were poorly designed also. They don't care. I heard every excuse in the book when I talked to them on the phone. I even talked to a manager. .</end quote></div>

Everyone knows the gas gauge is just for general idea of level and that they are not 100% accurate! The fuel tank shape is tapered and would be impossible to get an accurate reading.

Stick gaurds are just that stick guards if you are plowing thru brush, get something stronger.

What other brand is any differant? I don't think any atv should even have a warranty the way the get abused!</end quote></div>

Rick how can you say they shouldnt even have a warranty thats ridiculous. You know as well as everyone else here that bad parts happed and when you paying thousands for these machines they should be built right. Now I can see that they cant cover everything but come on when you buy something it should be of good quality and should not need to be at the shop time and time again. I dont know about you but I work damn hard for the things I have and want to enjoy them not have to keep taking them to the shop and getting the run around.

Old 03-13-2008 | 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

C'mon! you know how some people take care of their stuff.
Never clean them, never maintain them, never cover them.
Check out the Can Am site, guys trying to get warranty for crashing their atv and bending the frame! Ever watch gang mudding? Swamp it Satuday, Clean it Sunday, take in for warranty Monday!
Yes any manufactures defect should be covered.
6 month is plenty long to find any defects.

Old 03-13-2008 | 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

You're right 6 months is enough to find something and he said he took it in 3 days after he bought it and they never did fix it right. I'm still bitter from the way I was treated w/ my Hawkeye. The first time I took it in I told them about the jetting issue and how they were supposed to drill the holes in the airbox, and they told me they never heard of that and the jet was clogged b/c they didnt prep. the bike right. Anyway it was there 3x and still wasnt right. And also 6 months is fine for a warranty but things still are built and designed wrong or else there wouldnt be a thing called Recalls. On top of that how many days of your warranty do you lose when it takes them so long to fix it. I know there are a lot of idiots out there that take advantage of the system and thats what makes it bad for us we are the ones that pay in the end. Kinda like the Welfare System!! I don't want to be an a** to you but you see where we're coming from.

Old 03-13-2008 | 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like we're on the same page.
Warghoul
Should've taken it to a better dealer if Hinds couldn't figure it out.
I know thats a pain sometimes but not all dealers are worth much.
Anyone can buy a Polaris franchise for $250k, wouldn't automatically make them any good!
As for him thinking he should get all his money back after 6 months, I don't think so. The u joint was hitting the skid but that didn't stop him from riding it did it. Maybe he bent the skid up some!?!Who knows the whole story.
If his atv was here we could find the problem in &lt;5 min.

Old 03-14-2008 | 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with Rowe, I paid alot of money for my machine and expected it to hold up. I clean mine after every ride and I even baby it compared to most other riders. The CV boot guards were a problem from the beginning. My stock plastic ones pushed into the boot when I was riding through a foot to foot and a half of water. That's just normal riding. Also from day one the belt would keep slipping everytime I did ride through water. It was in the shop four times for this problem. Couldn't get the seal in right or it would pinch. Then one of the bolts would not seat all the way in. As for the gas tank. Tell me you can't fix it and offer an alternative rather than just ignore it. If it comes from the manufacturer on the machine than I expect it to work and work properly. I think they should have a one year warranty. Most other stuff does. I didn't ride mine enough in six months to find all the problems. Then what about the time it spent in the shop during that six months. That's lost riding time. I have heard about problems with all machines. But it's different when you are an American buying an American made product and dealing with nothing but problems. It's disappointing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2008 | 09:04 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

My ECM issues were over 6 months!!!!............first one 8 months....Second one 14 months!!!

Both were covered though....even though I bought and payed for the second one myself but when they ran the VIN # they called me on the phone and told me to bring the old one back in and get my full refund!!!....................Caper.........So NO! 6 months is really not long enough in my case!!!!

Old 03-14-2008 | 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Ya but Caper you know you are pretty hard on your machine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You might be needing warranty for years to come if you keep riding the way you do [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2008 | 10:02 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!

I not the one with the "HUGE" list of MODS under my post!!!!!...........LOL...LOL...J/K......Caper............

Old 03-15-2008 | 12:54 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I was a nut about taking care of this machine even riged up some stuff at work to use our 2 ton hoist to lift the front end up so I could wash and pull out everything on the underside of the bike. Oil and diff fluid I had changed every 100-200 miles.

I even put it up on a lift to remove the wheels to make sure everything was clean and free of sticks leaves and anything else that gets picked up in the skid plates for the next ride. I greased EVERYTHING after every time I washed it after every ride, and it would sit in our heated garage at work until it was completely dry before I took it home and stored it in the garage.

they commented on how well it was cared for and cleaned and how often I had all the fluids changed. I am the same way with my cars and trucks oil is changed every 2k miles coolant is changed twice a year along with complete tunes ups with belts caps rotors plugs and wires changed every 6 months. You take care of your stuff and it will take care of you.

the bike was not abused I dont race it I dont ride fast, most of the time I have my woman and kids with me and I dont leave them behind. The only time the wheels have been off the ground was when it was on the lift or the hoist for me to clean it so it is not like I thrashed it as I said before I dont work on it and wont, I just dont have the time. I work every other weekend and the weekends I have off I like to take the woman and family out to ride so I have everything done while I am working so it is ready for the next ride.

I was told today someone from Iron pony bought a new RZR from hinds few weeks back and when he loaded his family up in it to ride the motor locked up about 10 min down the road, Hinds didnt the the per mantinance on it and let it leave with no oil in the motor. I dont know how tru this is or not but I would not put it past them to do something like that.

I did how ever see them take a BRAND new tyrex of what ever it is kawasaki makes with .1 miles on it and just about blow it up ramming it through snow mounds, it smelled so bad and was so hot I thought it was going to catch fire and not to mention smoking it was all so the guy didnt get his new shoes wet or dirty. Where do you think it went after they were done thrashing it right back to the show room floor to be sold.

guy I work with said he seen them out there doing burn outs in the parking lot with a brand new renegade 800 XT that someone had them order him 2 of because they wanted to play with it and they do this to everything that is out of the crate.

Quick Reply: ATTN HINDS MOTOR SPORTS! BAD BUSINESS!