Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

GORILLA WINCH

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GORILLA WINCH

the rope is just as strong stronger n some cases it is the blue nylon rope stuff. the only thing is that you cannot just throw it around a tree and hook it on itself you need a tree saver or another strap of some sort to throw around the tree and hook teh roap on that. iv heard good things about it but i have never had it i hope 2 soon.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default GORILLA WINCH

I think it's a little more than a sticker. Most of these Viper,Venom, Gorrilla are made in China, I think we know about China's reputation in quality control. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy one. I understand Viper has excellent customer service and will replace any defective units. But to compare them with Warn and other established companies is a little much. The fact is you can buy three of these for the price of one Warn so if you don't mind changing them out it's probably a great deal. JMHO

Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default GORILLA WINCH

should work fine for a plow though right?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default GORILLA WINCH

I would ask an serious off-roader. They say stick with Warn...and to quote one..." If it's not a Warn...it will end up a boat anchor!" from a guy that has used many winches on 4x4 jeeps and trucks.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default GORILLA WINCH

The reviews that I see don't reflect anything that makes me think that there will be any "changing out"

Old 03-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default GORILLA WINCH

Nomatter what people say the warn is made in china 2 everything is made in china ive heard that gorrilla gets its parts from the same place that makes teh parts for warn. idk but if they say that warn is made in america then that prob just meens assembled in america but i don't think it is even assembled hear all of them are in china. people took apart both of the winches andd found out that they are the same parts. and the gorrilla is a good recovery winch and anything is good enogh for a plow i ran a crank winch when i had a plow the first year yea i got off and cranked it up and down.haha. i pulled myself and others out of mud holes with my gorrilla and some stumps and small trees 2.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default GORILLA WINCH

alot of people are just assuming that there are problems with if because it is a1/3 of the price so they are thinking it is to good to be true gorrila did make a few bad modles years ago but they are great now just as good as warn guy 2 and spend $200 and bring one as a spare if you don't beleive in it. everything will break i know warns that have broke. thats what is going to happen i don't care what brand you have they all have there limitations and week points. and you will still have $100 left over for something else.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default GORILLA WINCH

If you want a good answer to this ask a towtruck driver what is on his truck then you will know why most people stick w/ warn/ramsey winches!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default GORILLA WINCH

The discussion isn't about who makes the "best winch" it is about is the Gorilla a good winch. I do not need to know what winch a tow truck operator uses I just need to know if the Gorilla is good enough for an atv plow and some utility needs and maybe occasional recovery.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default GORILLA WINCH

I think the answer to your question then is in my second post!

Quick Reply: GORILLA WINCH